Employer References for Skills Assessment

PomCop

Morning all

My Skills Assessment is almost decision ready, I just need to put together my Employer References, get them to put it into their own words, put it on their letter head, sign it & give them back to me.

Just wondering how to start the references really.

Any help?

We had to do a few of ours as the company references weren't detailed enough. We wrote the references in minute detail, say what my OH did on a day to day basis. We emailed it to the companies, they copied and pasted onto their letterheads then signed and posted to us. One company my OH had to physically go in person as they weren't very helpful.

Thanks Que Sera, Sera.

Although I have a very good relationship with my employers (I sub contract), I know they won't put the right amount of detail in the references as I would like them to.

Are there any Nicknacks that I should know about when putting them together?

Also, my accountant needs to provide me with one but he is unsure exactly what he needs to put.. Any advice?

Thank you :-)

Thanks Que Sera, Sera.

Although I have a very good relationship with my employers (I sub contract), I know they won't put the right amount of detail in the references as I would like them to.

Are there any Nicknacks that I should know about when putting them together?

Also, my accountant needs to provide me with one but he is unsure exactly what he needs to put.. Any advice?

Thank you :-)

Aw Im sorry that's about as much as I know. We used an Agent so they did most of it. I do know the refs needed to be extremely detailed not like a employment reference, ours was about 6 years ago now so memory not so good.

The skills assessment body should have an example of an acceptable reference which will give you an idea of the detail required. For example I had an ANMAC skills assessment and they specify exactly what requirements need to be met. You could check out there website?

The skills assessment body should have an example of an acceptable reference which will give you an idea of the detail required. For example I had an ANMAC skills assessment and they specify exactly what requirements need to be met. You could check out there website?

You could then give that to your employer as a format, I agree with Ali though you really must get them to write it!

You could then give that to your employer as a format, I agree with Ali though you really must get them to write it!

They are going to be writing it, I am simply just putting in it what they need to touch around - what the TRA are going to be really looking at etc

Archived