Some advice required to submit a Contributory Parent Visa

britsabroad

Looking to submit a CPV 143 but need straight answers to a few Qs - I have read on the UK site also but read & heard contradictory info so any advice from anyone with experience of successfully applying for a CPV would be grateful.

1. Who can certify copies of documents - Heard and read a few different answers. Most will cost so where's best & cheapest.

2. I am visiting Australia soon could they be signed there by a JP and the visa posted there or does it need to be out of the country?

3. Am I correct that the Application needs to be posted to Australia and the Phase 1 cost paid in AUD.

4. What is the approx. total visa cost - There will be 2 adults + 1 child.

5. Approx. how long for visa to be granted.

Edited by britsabroad

My application went in in April.... just me and my wife.... Got solicitor to sign documents £5 each they have to put their number on so immi can check them out. Yes send your application to your sponsor they fill in a form 40 and then post it on to the Perth office. Re the first fee.... just fill in you credit card details on the application form, Immi will take the fee and you will pay the credit card charges and the currency exchange rate . Ours cost about £2500 for the 2 of us but it just comes through on your credit card statement as if you had been on holiday and use your credit card abroad. As you probably know but don't want to believe the second amount payable just before your visa is granted is $46300 for each adult don't know about kids.....then the fees for medicals police reports .....