CO requesting visa labels???

Southchick

Hi PIO,

A few weeks after submitting medicals and police checks, new CO now requesting previous visa labels for me?? Anyone else ha this request as my migration agent says it is unusual and she is unsure why.

anyone else had this and know why?

very anxious I thought they had everything they needed!

hope you can shed some light! :-)

I know?!! Very odd, my migration agent said he cannot think what for, my prev oz visa obvs didn't have label and the only ones I do have are for South Africa and Indonesia in my old passport... She said some COs can be picky but we are baffled..... Thanks for your replies though and I will let yu know what they say.... I thought we were on the home straight and were just waiting for 1st July.... Aaaaahhhhhhhh!!!

Well they didn't want visa labels at all! They have clarified and it's just bio data pages of my current and previous passports to prove my name and maiden name. It says please send bio data pages from ALL previous passports but I don't have my first two so I'll just send what I've got. Hopefully that will be the end of it! I thought marriage certificate would have been enough, anyone else had to prove maiden name this way?

Well they didn't want visa labels at all! They have clarified and it's just bio data pages of my current and previous passports to prove my name and maiden name. It says please send bio data pages from ALL previous passports but I don't have my first two so I'll just send what I've got. Hopefully that will be the end of it! I thought marriage certificate would have been enough, anyone else had to prove maiden name this way?

Don't really see what thats gonna prove - I didn't change my passport when I married either the first OR second time. I now have dual citizenship with both passports still in my maiden name, quite legally.

This is what the case officer has specified this morning..

We require clarification of your name and any former name/s you have been known by. Please submit the bio-pages in colour scanned copies of all previous expired and current passports.

im sure nothing to worry about just another thing to do.

That's interesting too I always though you had to change your name on your passport, that's why I did it!

Nope. If you choose to keep using your maiden name then you can keep your passport in that name. Even if you only use your maiden name for business/work reasons, its still ok. Only thing you have to watch is that visa applications and airline tickets need to be in the name that is on the passport.

Lots of people don't take their husband's name these days so its quite usual to never change things like passports, bank accounts etc. Also saves having to change them back if you get divorced!

Archived