189 Visa Lodged June 2015

I finally decided to track the visa grant so thought of jumping to June applicants group. I have submitted my application on 14th May (bit earlier than my fellow applicant CaptainC :smile:) and still waiting for the visa grant. No contact from CO yet, but have called up couple of times and was informed that all the documents are in place and internal checks are going on. Its been a long wait and eagerly looking forward for it to end.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone heard anything? Just come up to 2 months since we lodged .. I'm trying to be patient and wait another month before calling up the DIBP for updates but the waiting is killing me!!

LandL

Anyone heard anything? Just come up to 2 months since we lodged .. I'm trying to be patient and wait another month before calling up the DIBP for updates but the waiting is killing me!!

LandL

We lodged ours on 21 June and have heard nothing either. Waiting is awful! Fingers crossed a CO should appear very soon, or even better, a direct grant :)

Hang in there!

Kymm

Ecstatic to say Our 189 visas came through today, direct grant! Could not have done this process without the help of this site so a massive thankyou to everyone who has replied to my posts. I decided to do the applications myself, without a migration agent, despite having quite a complex case and this site has been a godsend.

Good luck to all still waiting, hang in there, it will be all worth it when that email comes through. Happy days!

Kymm :)

Hi Kymm

Well done on getting the Visa and doing it all by yourself. I have also done it all by myself without a MA so hopefully all will come through soon. We lodged on the 24th so hopefully will hear any day now. Did you upload everything the same day that you paid or did you upload a few things at a time?

Wayne

Ecstatic to say Our 189 visas came through today, direct grant! Could not have done this process without the help of this site so a massive thankyou to everyone who has replied to my posts. I decided to do the applications myself, without a migration agent, despite having quite a complex case and this site has been a godsend.

Good luck to all still waiting, hang in there, it will be all worth it when that email comes through. Happy days!

Congratulations!!! Fab news! When are you hoping to go out?

We aren't using a migration agent either and had started to feel a bit nervous that we may have missed something or done it wrong. X

Hi WayneA and Rose11,

Thanks guys, we're hoping to be off by around November, exciting times!

I spent the whole of July uploading documents including getting police certificates and medicals done. In fact just a few days ago I was still uploading anything I could get my hands on to help with the case! Surprised that it was all accepted ok and I didn't upload Form 80, was just going to see if they asked for it but they never did thankfully. Rose, I know it is so daunting doing it all yourself - there were a few occasions where I could totally understand why people throw 2 grand at a migration agent to avoid the hassle, but we just could not afford that on top of everything else. Hope you both hear soon, good luck! :)

Well done Kymm! You must be over the moon. We are too hoping to be out early November but haven't had the visa yet. We submitted on the 24th June! When did you submit? Had our Medicals last weekend and now just starting to organise police checks! Fingers crossed we are sorted soon! X

Hi WayneA and Rose11,

I spent the whole of July uploading documents including getting police certificates and medicals done. In fact just a few days ago I was still uploading anything I could get my hands on to help with the case! Surprised that it was all accepted ok and I didn't upload Form 80, was just going to see if they asked for it but they never did thankfully. Rose, I know it is so daunting doing it all yourself - there were a few occasions where I could totally understand why people throw 2 grand at a migration agent to avoid the hassle, but we just could not afford that on top of everything else. Hope you both hear soon, good luck! :)

Well done, we submitted 8th July, hopefully we're not too far behind you x

I am so so happy to be able to write this message! We got through our visa this morning, Direct Grant! It is amazing to finally be out of limbo just waiting and wondering, and being able to see everyone else worrying just as much as me on this forum has helped ALOT!

Good Luck to everyone else .. looks like they are starting to work their way through June applicants now, we lodged on June 11th.

LandL

I am so so happy to be able to write this message! We got through our visa this morning, Direct Grant! It is amazing to finally be out of limbo just waiting and wondering, and being able to see everyone else worrying just as much as me on this forum has helped ALOT!

Good Luck to everyone else .. looks like they are starting to work their way through June applicants now, we lodged on June 11th.

LandL

Congratulations!

Hi WayneA and Rose11,

Such a a relief to see that you were uploading days before too!! I did my form 80 last week and keep adding bits when I think of them. Didn't know if it would look bad or not :)

yes definitely, I've thought god should of we got an agent, it's my other halves skill we are going on but I'm the one doing all the paperwork and feel completely responsible if I get anything wrong.

good luck with the move :0)

Hi All I got an email this morning, see below, has anyone else received this? Is this new or something that usually happens?

"Thank you for lodging your Australian visa application.An initial assessment has been made and no further information is required at this stage.

We are seeking to process your application as soon as possible.

You will appreciate, however, that all non-citizens applying for visas to enter Australia

are considered on an individual basis and against legal requirements set out in Australia’s

migration legislation.

This often includes various checks that are undertaken on each application and this can take

some time.

The timeframe for the completion of the checks varies from one case to another, depending on

individual circumstances.

Unfortunately, I am unable to provide you with a definitive timeframe for finalisation of your

application.

"

Hi All I got an email this morning, see below, has anyone else received this? Is this new or something that usually happens?

"Thank you for lodging your Australian visa application.An initial assessment has been made and no further information is required at this stage.

We are seeking to process your application as soon as possible.

You will appreciate, however, that all non-citizens applying for visas to enter Australia

are considered on an individual basis and against legal requirements set out in Australia’s

migration legislation.

This often includes various checks that are undertaken on each application and this can take

some time.

The timeframe for the completion of the checks varies from one case to another, depending on

individual circumstances.

Unfortunately, I am unable to provide you with a definitive timeframe for finalisation of your

application.

"

I've heard of this before, but it isn't common.

The circumstances vary why these additional checks take place. Do you have anything unusual in your history, such as military service? or have you travelled to any countries that might be considered concerning, such as Syria or Afghanistan.

I've heard of this before, but it isn't common.

The circumstances vary why these additional checks take place. Do you have anything unusual in your history, such as military service? or have you travelled to any countries that might be considered concerning, such as Syria or Afghanistan.

Hi CaptainC, no there is nothing like that in my history. It did say that I wasn't required to supply anymore information. I did supply the form 80 with the application so hopefully there is nothing "concerning" in that. Should I be concerned?

Edited by WayneA

Hi CaptainC, no there is nothing like that in my history. It did say that I wasn't required to supply anymore information. I did supply the form 80 with the application so hopefully there is nothing "concerning" in that.

Then it's impossible to say what they have found or whether you've just had your name picked out of the hat for checks. There are a few people in the same situation as you and they indicated that DIBP are not forthcoming with information, nor will they say how long the checks take. Chat to @Neil Wilshere he's been waiting for a fair few months now.

Delighted to say my partner and my visa was granted yesterday with a direct grant (applied on 25th June). Want to say a thankyou to everyone on the forum. i used this forum for almost all information i needed during the process.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Thanks Again

Delighted to say my partner and my visa was granted yesterday with a direct grant (applied on 25th June). Want to say a thankyou to everyone on the forum. i used this forum for almost all information i needed during the process.

Thanks Again

Congratulations!

Thanks Again

Wow congratulations!! We lodged 24th June and just waiting for our police checks to come back then hopefully it won't be much longer a wait!!!

Where re are you moving to? X