EOI' s in June???

Hodgies2Oz

Only been one round since I applied but have 70 points and applying for 190 visa. So I can only wait and hope! I've found out that I am more impatient than I always thought I was!!!!!

Yes, that's the same for all of us. I'm normally really good at waiting and forgetting etc. it's just something that this whole process does to you, it completely changes you!!

70 points will get you somewhere near the top of the list.

Best of luck, I'll keep the virtual fingers crossed for you!!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My signature says it all. Now is there a way I can myself check the status of my EOI? My agent says he can but not me. Is this true?

You'll have to ask your agent for the skillselect login details for your EOI. That's the only way I think.

It is unlikely that you would get an invite for your occupation during this programme year anyway as the ceiling has already been reached.

The only status for an EOI is either EOI Submitted or Invited, so it would be pointless to check now anyway.

You'll have to ask your agent for the skillselect login details for your EOI. That's the only way I think.

It is unlikely that you would get an invite for your occupation during this programme year anyway as the ceiling has already been reached.

The only status for an EOI is either EOI Submitted or Invited, so it would be pointless to check now anyway.

Thanks! Am I correct that given score is 75 points which is considered pretty high, I am likely to be invited in the first invitation round itself in July provided SOL still contains accountants which it should?

Thanks! Am I correct that given score is 75 points which is considered pretty high, I am likely to be invited in the first invitation round itself in July provided SOL still contains accountants which it should?

It's a high score, yes.

I would say that providing accountants remain on the list (there is no indication that it's likely to be removed) then you've got a very good chance that you'd be invited in the first invitation round of July.

There's been several visa grants today (9 that I know of) despite the fact that DIBP said there wouldn't be any more until after 1st July.

I'm not sure what's going on with everything at the moment. They seem to be issuing invites outside of 'invitation round' days and visa grants when there's no more places available. It's all very confusing, but good news for us all I guess, that they haven't just taken a few weeks holiday!

There's been several visa grants today (9 that I know of) despite the fact that DIBP said there wouldn't be any more until after 1st July.

I'm not sure what's going on with everything at the moment. They seem to be issuing invites outside of 'invitation round' days and visa grants when there's no more places available. It's all very confusing, but good news for us all I guess, that they haven't just taken a few weeks holiday!

Yeah i know, we were surprised as well because we do our EOI Sunday night ( yesterday) and Monday morning today we been invited, we thought it wil take time because its year end but we are fortunate to be invited so fast, i dint know if it has something to do with my hubby skilled work which is Victoria in need for, because before we do EOI we first do our state nomination after 4 days we received state sponsorship then we lodge our EOI. In other blogs ive read having nominated by the state before lodging your EOI give you an edge to get invites faster. I hope things will continously get better until the visa grant, waiting is very overwhelming to all of us.

Hi everyone! We've lodge our EOI last night for subclass 190 and we received our invitation from skill select today :) my husband skilled work is Fabricator. Our state nomination is Victoria.

Oh my word, that's so quick, congrats!!! We're lodging ours for 189 visa tonight, so excited!!! :)

ha ha EOI for 189... :D Really hoping to get the June invite!

I wouldn't even profess to know what on earth is going on with Visa's and EOI's at the moment. One minute there's a complete stop on everything, the next visas are getting granted, EOI's are getting invites on days not allocated as invitation round days. It's all very confusing. Maybe it's got something to do with the CBP & DIBP merging in two weeks time or the relatively recent appointment of a new immigration minister.

Well, at least things are moving and that's all good news in my book!

Well done Leah, wish ours could have been that quick! Great news.

So I have been waiting for Friday to arrive and it looks like a strike could mess it all up now as well...great! My patience still hasn't impoved!

Believe me the patience only gets worse.

There's almost no chance that my application is anywhere near being looked at as I only applied about a month ago, but I still check the immiaccount 2 or 3 times a day!

Well done Leah, wish ours could have been that quick! Great news.

So I have been waiting for Friday to arrive and it looks like a strike could mess it all up now as well...great! My patience still hasn't impoved!

I wouldn't have thought that the strike will affect EOI's as it's an automatic process, and there's little or no human input for invitations. For example you could say you were a British brain surgeon with 20 years experience, got 9's in your IELTS, worked and studied in Australia and speak 30 languages including all of the 27 Aboriginal languages and it would come out with 80 points. And, you'd definitely get an invite, despite the reality that you're actually a 21 year old illiterate burger flipper from Russia.

They select based on the point scores calculated by your answers whether truthful or not.

That being said, as you are well aware there has been some funny business happening recently with odd delay emails and out of sync invitation rounds, so probably just cross your finger and toes....can't hurt!

Best of luck!!

Archived