Pearson PTE Test taken yesterday - feedback

Ozhope

Well Folks,

Sat my second PTE exam last night and I got the results this morning

R:90, S:90, L:87, W:81

Roll on the next step & I'm never speaking English again :arghh:

Congratulations, that's classed as "Superior English" am I right? Also, 90 is the top mark. Any tips for us aspiring to that level?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations, that's classed as "Superior English" am I right? Also, 90 is the top mark. Any tips for us aspiring to that level?

Yes, It's classed as "Superior English" as I needed the 20 points.

Best advice I can give is to do the Practice exams & sample questions from https://ptepractice.com/

Once you familiarise yourself with the exam layout, I think it will make your job a lot easier.

Practise writing essays - At least one or two a day

Listening - Take Notes - keywords

Speaking - Just try to explain everything on the screen , Highest & lowest values in the charts, Values in the tables

Reading - be wary of the time, Read the paragraphs & then answer questions, Careful how many answers are required

Other than that, just try your best

Congrats, Paul. Sorry if I have already asked this, are you a Native English speaker?

I am taking the PTE Academic exam over the next few months aiming to get 79 or above in each module for the "Superior" English as I need the extra points. It's either get the extra points or wait two years for my employment experience to meet the 5 year mark.

I have been revising on the PTE Academic website and purchased the highest revision package (cost around $50 USD I think). Did you use anything else for revision? Any other materials, websites etc?

Hi PomCop,

I am a native english speaker.

I'm in the same boat like yourself, Need the extra points or wait a couple of years

Yeah, I purchasd the Full Package , Two Test Exams & the Practice questions thats it mainly .

I honestly think for us native speakers the biggest challenge is to familiarize yourself with the exam layout , Forget about the points needed .

My first PTE exam I was stressed to bits about getting the points, Second exam I went in & just sat it , I new the format & just got myself comfortable & went at it .

Have you booked it yet ?

That's right, 3 years or the expiry date of the certificate whichever is earliest.

As you say, I think that the majority of people, if they want to apply for a visa, will have the intention of applying within that timeframe.

You say 3 years - but a PTE exam certificate is valid for 2 years

That's right, 3 years or the expiry date of the certificate whichever is earliest.

As you say, I think that the majority of people, if they want to apply for a visa, will have the intention of applying within that timeframe.

You say 3 years - but a PTE exam certificate is valid for 2 years

Yes that's right, it is 3 years.....or the expiry date of the certificate, whichever is earliest.

Hi,

I had to write the topic of violence on TV/media and how it affects the younger generation. Does it lead to increased crime etc.

I don't think the topic will be something you wouldn't have an opinion on or heard of before, so relax and keep the ideas simple. Determine your opinion and make 3-4 points to support it. Thats it!

It all comes down to taking 5 mins to map the main ideas you come up with, 10 mins to type them out and make sure you have 5 mins to review spelling and grammar, bulk up the text and make sure you have as near to the max words as possible.

Worked for me. Good luck!!

Sarah.

L:90 R:90 S:90 W:90

Edited by proud

Hi,

I had to write the topic of violence on TV/media and how it affects the younger generation. Does it lead to increased crime etc.

I don't think the topic will be something you wouldn't have an opinion on or heard of before, so relax and keep the ideas simple. Determine your opinion and make 3-4 points to support it. Thats it!

It all comes down to taking 5 mins to map the main ideas you come up with, 10 mins to type them out and make sure you have 5 mins to review spelling and grammar, bulk up the text and make sure you have as near to the max words as possible.

Worked for me. Good luck!!

Sarah.

L:90 R:90 S:90 W:90

My congratulation! You have really a high score!!!

When you write the essay did you used the phrasal verbs and idioms? What do you think if I'll mention in my essay? Or it's no worth doing it. Give me some tips how I can describe images.

When did you get your exam results?

Thank you.

Hi Emelie,

Im not sure what you mean about phrasal verbs and idioms?? As for images it really will depend on your command of the language. I received my results the morning after my test. I wish I could help more :/

Sarah.

I am booked onto the exam in Edinburgh next month and have just taken my first practice test.

My score in speaking was very poor (61) - Pronunciation was 39 and oral fluency was 57 !

I did not have a headset at home - can this have a major impact due to poor quality voice recording ?

My brother inlay took the EILTS test twice and fail just falling short then i put him on to the pearson test and passed first time, he needed the 65 and over score and smashed it well in to the 80+ first go.. highly recommend, he didn't feel the pressure like hi did with the EILTS, this is a solid plasterer with no school qualifications and has been in a classroom for a good 15 years.. next we are just waiting on the skills assessment

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...