Planning to move to Australia. Help please?

alexjones1234

Hi,

Myself and my girlfriend are interested in moving to Australia next year. At the time of moving I will be a qualified scaffolder (which I am aware is not on the skills list), but my girlfriend will have completed a PGCE and be qualified to teach in primary schools (infants).

Is this whole situation realistic for us? Would we qualify for Visas?

Any help and honest opinions would be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Alex

Hi,

Suggest that you have a quick look at some of the other very recent threads - in last day or so there has been some discussion about primary school teachers and how tricky it is to find work. Probably in the migration issues section. Lots of useful information

Good luck though!

Hi,

Myself and my girlfriend are interested in moving to Australia next year. At the time of moving I will be a qualified scaffolder (which I am aware is not on the skills list), but my girlfriend will have completed a PGCE and be qualified to teach in primary schools (infants).

Is this whole situation realistic for us? Would we qualify for Visas?

Any help and honest opinions would be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Alex

If your occupation is not on the skills list, then you are ruled out as the main applicant.

Primary teacher would require state sponsorship for a skilled migrant visa and of course skills assessment. It sounds like your girlfriend will not have any work experience? In which case she might not be able to pass skills assessment and she could also struggle to get sponsorship as well. So next year? I think that is ambitious as a permanent move, but there is always a WHV, don't expect it to lead to anything more than a holiday though.

Archived