Anyone else arriving in September/October?

richard88uk

I went in April so driest time of year, the islands were nice but Bangkok and in the jungle north of Bangkok was ridiculously humid.

Yeah I can imagine the jungle is crazy humid! I'm considering going in November, I've heard it's around 30oc but not sure about humidity. My cousins getting back to me tonight about some info. He lives there

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm arriving mid September, going to do few months in Melbourne then a month or 2 in Sydney then will be heading north around Feb sort of time.

Yeah im really looking forward to it, well excited! lol

North will be humid then, but it's fine, take it on the chin! Can't always plan your travels around the weather and you'll have fun regardless :)

Lucky you, I worry about everything from weather to not finding a job and ended up home within 2 months!

Lol... I'm sure you'll be fine! When i moved abroad the first time i didnt even do any research. Just turned up and found a cheap hotel then went round all the bars and got a job lol

Lol... I'm sure you'll be fine! When i moved abroad the first time i didnt even do any research. Just turned up and found a cheap hotel then went round all the bars and got a job lol

My personality is always full of contradictions.. Sometimes I worry too much and other times Id love to just jump on a plane somewhere random lol. I'm not worried about going alone because I travelled to london and the Channel Islands myself. It's just finding work that's the main worry

At the moment I think I'm going to sydney but I haven't booked anything. I've been thinking of stopping over in Thailand but it depends on money - I was going to go a max of one week but probably 3 or 4 days in Bangkok. Not sure how much that would cost

Oh right cool. Thailand is really cheap, you could get accommodation and eat for 4 days for about £50 in Bangkok lol. Im budgeting around 800-1000 to last me a month there and that includes doing quite a bit of travelling around. When was it you're going again?

• 2 weeks later...

They're changing the requirements regarding regional/specified work which qualifies for you second year application. It's being phased in so no concrete date.

Basically they intend to change the rule of WWOOFING/volunteering roles - it will no longer count. Like I said they they don't know when this will be!

Ah okay got ya. Im planning to do regional paid farm work/fruit picking so that rule wouldn't affect me anyway

The point is that these new changes will make it even harder to get paid work, there will be so much competition and it's already apparently difficult