Anybody ever lost their PR?

thelaurakate

So PR is only perminant if you don't leave otherwise it's a 5 year initial visa to come and go freely yes? After the 5 years you then need a RRV ? Will u always get one? Does anybody know anyone who has lost their PR? Any experiences welcomed .... Thanks

Yes you can lose it if you stay outside Aus for too long and don't meet the conditions for an RRV. It is the reason why many get citizenship especially those who can hold dual citizenship. If you meet the requirements for a 5 year RRV ie 2 out of the last 5 years in Aus it is basically a rubber stamp. Only becomes a grey area if you have spent very little time in Australia in the last 5 years, but not impossible.

Yes you can lose it if you stay outside Aus for too long and don't meet the conditions for an RRV. It is the reason why many get citizenship especially those who can hold dual citizenship. If you meet the requirements for a 5 year RRV ie 2 out of the last 5 years in Aus it is basically a rubber stamp. Only becomes a grey area if you have spent very little time in Australia in the last 5 years, but not impossible.

thanks rammy girl so as a PR if I went by to the UK for over 2 years straight I could loose it is that right? Or do I have 5 years? Thanks

Archived