IELTS test for spouse

Valerie

Need help with this...

We have just submitted an application to ACS for skill assessment and booked for the English test.

Question is, given that my spouse is the primary applicant, is there any value add if I also took the test(will it add onto his points at EOI)?

Secondly, his occupation has 48 slot's to it's ceiling... what's the implication of this to the process? (261312 developer programmer )

Someone clarify please!!!

Thanks

Secondary applicants only need IELTS if you aren't exempt (hold a passport from UK, Canada, USA, NZ or Ireland) or if he will be claiming 5 points for your professional qualifications (need a positive skills assessment in an occupation on the same occupation list as his).

If you are a passport holder of an English speaking country (UK, Ireland, Canada, USA or NZ), you don't need to take any English test as you are assumed to have 'Functional English' which is all that is required for a secondary applicant. If you're from some other country, you will need to prove that you have Functional English or will have to pay an additional fee (a 'second instalment') before the visa can be granted but any testing for that can be done even after the visa application has been lodged.

http://www.immi.gov.au/FAQs/Pages/how-can-i-prove-i-have-functional-english.aspx How can I prove I have functional English?

I sat my IELTS test to get more points for my visa. I currently have 45 but if I score 8 in all four categories of the IELTS I get an extra 20points making it to 65 (I need 60 to apply for a 189)

Additional points for English skills are only available for tests sat by the primary applicant. The OP asked whether points could be added for the English skills of a secondary applicant (they can't).

Need help with this...

We have just submitted an application to ACS for skill assessment and booked for the English test.

Question is, given that my spouse is the primary applicant, is there any value add if I also took the test(will it add onto his points at EOI)?

Secondly, his occupation has 48 slot's to it's ceiling... what's the implication of this to the process? (261312 developer programmer )

Someone clarify please!!!

Thanks

The ceiling for 2613 has been reached so no more invitations will be issued for that occupation before the ceiling is reset after 1 July (if the occupation remains on the SOL).

And what are the chances it'll be on SOL come July? If that'll be the case, do we need another skill assessment if we identify a different occupation under ACS

There's no way of knowing if it will still be on the SOL after 1 July though the new one should be announced within the next couple of weeks - they don't usually wait until the end of June to release it. If it is removed from the SOL and you need to nominate a different occupation, you can apply for a review of the assessment if your existing assessment was issued within the previous 60 days. If it was issued more than 60 days earlier, you'll need a new skills assessment.