Should they be refused re-entry?

starlight7

What if they came back to Australia as 'boat people', claiming to be asylum seekers, fleeing from persecution?

Biometrics in Australian passports make that impossible. But, maybe some are able to change their fingerprints Bond movie like.

Personally I don't care if terrorists become stateless generally speaking, every person who is involed into terrorist acts against human man kind could become stateless, why not?

But here it goes: stripping of citizenship only of 'conferral' Australians is racist, absolutely backwards and I therefore agree with Quinkla. Then all of 'conferral' citizenships will become some kind of 'second-class' citizenship 'on approbation'.

If the planned 'biggest shake up' of the Citizenship Act since 1949 would also include stripping citizenship away from Australians 'by birth' + 'descent' I would absolutely agree with it because it would be unbiased of how a person became citizen of this beautiful country.

If the Liberals only change it for 'conferrals' they are not doing integration of migrants a favour as in the public perception Australian citizenship by conferral will get the status of inferiority and decry, not a 'real Australian'.

Politicians should rather check and change immigration law before they allow the wrong people in! Now they want to shut the stable door after the horse has bolted! Characteristic for these incapable figures

Even more reason why a Court of Human Rights need be in place to counter local laws that may annual the citizenship rights of people born in the country and make stateless.

Quite obviously a person that commits a crime against the law of the land should be charged and dealt with accordingly. Not have birth right citizenship revoked.

Archived