187 just after been granted 187 rsms employer pr can I leave the company

Redog

Hi I've been just granted pr it states visa conditions nill but also says I have to wait with my employer for two years.. Just wondering is there anyone out there that just quiet there job and didn't lose there visa any info is greatly appreciated

My understanding is if you leave the company you loose your visa and have to leave the country (I think 28 days) or you can try to get another sponsor but the timeframe to do that is very short. Maybe others know more ...

Hi I've been just granted pr it states visa conditions nill but also says I have to wait with my employer for two years.. Just wondering is there anyone out there that just quiet there job and didn't lose there visa any info is greatly appreciated

It is up to the discretion of Immigration depending on how long you have stayed with the employer after your PR was granted and what is the reason you are leaving. You have to satisfy Immigration that your intention to stay with employer for two years during the time you applied for the visa was genuine. If you have been with employer for more than a year since PR was granted and if like for example employer has breached conditions on your contract, then Immigration might be in your favor but if you leave just a few months after you get your PR and your reason is that you just want to find another job, then I think Immigration will cancel your visa. It is really up to immigration and your particular circumstance.

Bit cheeky to quit the employer as soon as you get the visa isn't it? That aside, yes you do need to stick it out on the 187, otherwise you are at risk of having your visa cancelled.

If you resign from your employer within 2 years of the visa being granted without documented evidence of good reasons (e.g. things you'd have already complained to Fair Work about), you are at risk of having your visa cancelled. It's not like a 457 visa where you can simply find another sponsor.

• 2 weeks later...

I knew a guy who quit his job after 2 weeks of being granted a 187, his work phoned immigration and told them. 6 months later he got his PR stripped and told to leave within 28 days.

Its all down to your work, if they dont tell immigration then you're fine, if they do then you may be doing the walk of shame.

Archived