What's it like in mounting creek

Neil Wilshere

Hi Neil,

We live in Buderim which is next to Mountain Creek. Really happy with the area. Everything is really accessible. Less than 10 min drive to the beach. We love Mooloolaba. It's near the motorway if you need. Close to all the shops. Really can't complain. It's really central for working anywhere on the Coast. Feel very lucky living on the Coast.

Moutain Creek school has a really good reputation.

Have lived in Mountain Creek for 12 years, more affordable than Noosa, (your other thread). In a different age group to you so can only give you impressions for younger families. School has a good reputation as far as I know. Plenty of activities/clubs/sport here for families. MC is a bit split in 2 now with the Brightwater estate the new area, bit crowded for me, but I shop at Aldi there.Not any rough areas that I am aware of. Buderim very popular, good primary school. Several private schools in the area. Mooloolaba 5 mins. away, Montville Malany about 30 min. drive.To be honest as far as I know, absolutely nothing to put you off living here. We ain't moving!!

Thanks fanya ,

I've just see your other post about work what sort of work does your husband do ?

I work in utilities ie gas and water . I don't mind travelling .

He he is a tool maker by trade, was a builder before we left the UK but been working as a fitter here in Australia. He used to commute to Brisbane daily leaving 5.15 to get to work for 7am. I have only been to Brisbane on a handful of occasions but I know I could not do that commute. The traffic is horrendous as you start to reach North Lakes. However you do what you need to do and he did it for a good 8 months. Luckily he now works 10 mins drive from home which is great!

You out will absolutely love the Sunshine Coast and in regards to where to live there are so many great places to choose from. When we first arrive we looked at Coolum as we really liked the area but because of my fella and his work at the time it was more practice to look for somewhere near the M1 hence why we were looking at Buderim and Mountain Creek area as its 5 mins to motorway so less of a drive if you have to commute. It's 10 mins from the beach and boat ramps etc. 10 mins to Plaza. They are great areas and besically everything is easily accessible. Plus during the busy tourist months you are not directly effected.

Good luck with the move. 12 months in and we have no regrets!

Archived