EOI please help!!!

Alix Fisher

Hi,

I am coming on a WHV in September and I will have a honours degree in Diagnostic Radiography - which in Oz in known as Medical Radiation Tech come June. I am wondering that when my WHV runs out I could apply for an EOI. How does it work? My skill is on the skilled workers.

Please can somebody explain to me how an EOI works. (a non sponsored) - I am ideally wanting to work and live as a citizen of Oz after my WHV has expired and can I do so by submitting this EOI as my skill set is on the list.

Will I have to find work as a Medical Rad tech before I apply for the EOI? Forgot to add - I will be hoping to apply on the subclass 189.

Thanks Alix

Hi,

I am coming on a WHV in September and I will have a honours degree in Diagnostic Radiography - which in Oz in known as Medical Radiation Tech come June. I am wondering that when my WHV runs out I could apply for an EOI. How does it work? My skill is on the skilled workers.

Please can somebody explain to me how an EOI works. (a non sponsored) - I am ideally wanting to work and live as a citizen of Oz after my WHV has expired and can I do so by submitting this EOI as my skill set is on the list.

Will I have to find work as a Medical Rad tech before I apply for the EOI? Forgot to add - I will be hoping to apply on the subclass 189.

Thanks Alix

Medical Radiation Therapist is on both the SOL and CSOL list which is good, you may need to get registration for this profession but I am not 100% sure on that. Also I believe your need so many years work experience after your qualification to qualify? Someone else may be of more help though. Sorry.

You have a degree, or will have, but it does not necessarily mean that you have the right level of skills for a skilled migrant visa. Before you lodge an EOI, you need to get a positive skills assessment, so that is what you need to get googling about "skills assessment" to see if you might be eligible.

Most people, by the way, will not qualify with qualifications and a degree alone, but there are some exceptions and you need to see if you might be one of them.

To lodge an EOI, you need to first know which visa you are applying for which is typically 189 if your occupation is on the SOL, or 190 (or 489 if you need extra points) if your occupation is on the CSOL. Since your occupation is on the SOL you can look at the 189 visa, which doesn't require you to get either state or employer sponsorship.

You need to have a positive skills assessment (Medical Radiation Therapist is assessed by AIR) so look at their requirements: http://www.air.asn.au/overhowto.php

You then need to be able to provide evidence of 60 points through your age, qualifications, experience, English (points are only available through taking one of the approved tests), etc.

If you read the 189 visa details on the DIBP website, then review similar threads on this forum, you should be able to get the basic information you need. You can always ask more specific questions to fill in any gaps.

Archived