ielts tomorrow anyone

jon211174

Hey, I did it in Sheffield. Did you do academic or general?

Can I ask what you made of the writing task 2 question (I think it is actually the same for both). I have a horrible feeling, now, that I didn't answer the question correctly. I was really happy with my answer in the exam it wasn't until I walked out and went over it with my husband that I think I've answered the first part fully but only partly answered the second part. Any advice anyone? It's my 2nd time and I got all 8's apart from writing 6.5 and think I've done the same again. I can't do PTE because ANMAC doesn't accept it.

Mine was General too about science. I think I started talking too scientifically that I completely missed the point of the question. Arghhhh. I've booked again for end may just in case I fail. I'm hoping I don't have to go through that again though

When you say you've booked again for the end of May do you mean you've paid as well, so if you pass you've lost that money? Obviously if I have to do it again I will but I can't really afford to pay for a test I might not need (but probably will!), saying that I had to wait 6-7 weeks for this test when I found out I hadn't got the score I needed because they were all booked up...

• 2 weeks later...

I think I am going to be the same. Writing was my downfall last time. If I can at least get a 7 in writing then I get apply to ANMAC and the do the PTE, but to be honest I'm not sure I'll get the 7, keeping everything crossed!

Spoke to Sheffield centre and they reckon there has been a problem with their upload, told me to try again in a few hours.... Not quite frustrating enough!

Hi I got mine gotta try again got 8.5 in everything apart from written where I got 7.

Need to get all 8's.

Gonna try the pearsons next friday.

Sorry to hear that, I feel your pain (6 times IELTS victim here). With your scores I know you will crush the Pearson test! ;)

I think I am going to be the same. Writing was my downfall last time. If I can at least get a 7 in writing then I get apply to ANMAC and the do the PTE, but to be honest I'm not sure I'll get the 7, keeping everything crossed!

Spoke to Sheffield centre and they reckon there has been a problem with their upload, told me to try again in a few hours.... Not quite frustrating enough!

There's hope still, and at least you also have the PTE option... hang in there ;)

Archived