Shipping insurance, Perth to UK, 40ft plus car

H283

Hi all

we have had quotes for our move from Perth to the UK which is a house full and a car.

We are going to probably have a 40ft sole use container. It looks like the insurance is really going to bump up the cost.

I have read post on here saying that it is cheaper to get insurance directly, rather than from the shipping company but I can't remember what the other option was. I mentioned it to the lady from Allied Pickfords, but she had not heard of alternative insurance. (Or had she. . . ?!)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all

we have had quotes for our move from Perth to the UK which is a house full and a car.

We are going to probably have a 40ft sole use container. It looks like the insurance is really going to bump up the cost.

I have read post on here saying that it is cheaper to get insurance directly, rather than from the shipping company but I can't remember what the other option was. I mentioned it to the lady from Allied Pickfords, but she had not heard of alternative insurance. (Or had she. . . ?!)

Yes I am sure the lady from Allied Pickfords would be well aware that you can get your own insurance..

You would get insurance for half or even a third of the price of you go directly to an insurer, like Letton Percival for example.

Yes I am sure the lady from Allied Pickfords would be well aware that you can get your own insurance..

You would get insurance for half or even a third of the price of you go directly to an insurer, like Letton Percival for example.

I agree , the insurers on pio were very good and much cheaper thanthe movrrs insurance.

^^^ hehe my thoughts exactly!

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone wanting a comparison I have attached my quotes below from Grace for shipping a 20ft and 40ft container both shared and sole use. Hope it helps.

[TABLE=width: 278]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD] 20ft[/TD]

[TD] 40ft[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Sole use[/TD]

[TD] $8,101[/TD]

[TD] $9,184[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]