IELTS Results today!

Birch4

Hi everyone,

well my results are in... I sat the test a bit later than planned on the 18th of April here are my results:

writing - 9

speaking - 8.5

listening - 8

reading - 6.5

I need to do the whole thing again!!! Gutted!!! My timing was off in the reading paper and then I panicked plus one of the topics was very boring!! I have decided to give this one more shot and if the same happens I'm out.

good luck to everyone else about to sit this!

Noooo dont give up, if you have got this far!!! Book a tutor, at £30 or so an hour it is worth it OR see if you can sit one of the new english tests that are about.

Where there is a will there is a way, do not give up on your dreams! Many people fail but they do pass!

Hi Jac2011

I know I shouldn't give up think I'm just a bit disappointed and the prospect of doing that exam again is not appealing when working full time. I'll give it another go. Probably sooner rather than later. So many hurdles! Lol I see that you are planning to head to Brisbane later this year! How exciting! I can't wait to hear all about your journey and then be able to pick your brains.

The reading got me twice. Did the reading include Cornish buses and Barcelona this time? I struggled not to answer all the true and false questions as false as Cornish buses may aswell not exist hahahaha. Any ways I finally passed after 4 attempts!!!!! Don't give up! With your other scores, you sound like you got unlucky! You will smash it next time!!!!!!

Hi everyone,

well my results are in... I sat the test a bit later than planned on the 18th of April here are my results:

writing - 9

speaking - 8.5

listening - 8

reading - 6.5

I need to do the whole thing again!!! Gutted!!! My timing was off in the reading paper and then I panicked plus one of the topics was very boring!! I have decided to give this one more shot and if the same happens I'm out.

good luck to everyone else about to sit this!

@Birch4,

don't give up. Maybe focus on one of the other English tests instead. By all accounts the PTE looks to be a better test to get the points needed - reading into posts on here.

Hi

I got mine today too, got the 8's I needed second time round so feeling relieved! General test : L9 W8.5 S9 R 9

I don't know how I got 9 in the reading as I really panicked on the section on glaciers and ice and thought I had completely blown it!

Concentration is the key, second time round I knew what to expect so was able to get through the easier sections quickly and then focus most of the time on the harder sections at the end of the reading.

My advice to others is just to practice lots, I used the Road to IELTS and paid extra to get access to more tests. Or if you feel you are better on computer based programmes then go for the PTE.

It is really demoralising when you fail but you just need to refocus and find a way of inspiring yourself to carry on.

where did you take it ?

I took the test in Glasgow! Yes! It was about Glaciers.... Jeezo!!! :rolleyes: I lost it in the reading paper. Panicked over time as well. All this paying for extra I don't agree with. I have an honours degree in English! And I teach every single day. If I don't get it second time round then it's not meant to be! Not throwing money at this. I'll find a plan B I have a good job here and so maybe what will be will be.... :rolleyes:

Hi Ozmaniac,

I am going to look into this further and do some reading and perhaps switch to the Pearson's test. Thanks for the advice!

3/4 scores are great, with the reading I'd advise you to just take your time and from your other scores you should be able to hit a 7 or hopefully an 8.

Thanks for the positivity - was gutted yesterday! Today got up and I'm now going to put energy into doing something about the low score.

The reading got me twice. Did the reading include Cornish buses and Barcelona this time? I struggled not to answer all the true and false questions as false as Cornish buses may aswell not exist hahahaha. Any ways I finally passed after 4 attempts!!!!! Don't give up! With your other scores, you sound like you got unlucky! You will smash it next time!!!!!!

Thanks! I think I completed that one in a practice test lol :biglaugh::confused:

Hi I got mine today too,

listening 8.0

Writing 8.0

speaking 8.5

reading 7

gutted needed 8's

I thought the reading was hard was your last section about glaciers and ice sheets.

No wonder you are gutted!!! :eek: so so close!! yet so far!!

I also got caught out on the reading by half a point, ran out of time! Don't give up. Go on YouTube and watch the tutorials. Remember not to read the passages, just go straight to the questions and skim. You did amazing on the other parts. I was gutted too! Just dust yourself down and go again x

I also got caught out on the reading by half a point, ran out of time! Don't give up. Go on YouTube and watch the tutorials. Remember not to read the passages, just go straight to the questions and skim. You did amazing on the other parts. I was gutted too! Just dust yourself down and go again x

Sorry, but I disagree. I would say, make sure you read the passages carefully. They try to catch you out. Try to take an interest in the subjects

Archived