Any views on Logan Hospital?

Guest mo33

Guest mo33

Hi, just wondering if anyone works in Logan Hosp? Have emailed them and thinking of applying for a post when i arrive. I'm a Mental Health Nurse:goofy:, any info or comments would be fab. Cal has been fab, sure she'll be around somewhere!

Thanks!

im here ,lol, as you know i dont work there but have spent time in there with my daughter(oh the joys of kids),its actually our best A&E as Beaudesert is quite small,its a massive place and very busy,the bits i saw were clean ,staff VERY helpful and polite,dont think you would go wrong go really ,Good luck

Cal x

Guest Supertramp

Hi, don't know if it's any help from a 'visitors' view point but we were regular visitors to the Logan hospital last year when my Bro-in-law came over from the UK for a holiday and became so ill he had to be sectioned within fays of arriving at Logan Hosp for several weeks. The staff were wonderful, more laid back (but no less caring) than the PA (Princess Alex hospital in hospital in Bris where he went last time - yes he's done this (flyingto Oz) more than once!). The hosp itself is nicely laid out - nice leisure areas for the patients and visitors and a very good 'home counselling team' - the Logan does seem to be trying to work with the patients family as well as the patient than we experienced at the PA. I hope this helps. (He still 'blames' us for putting him hosp by the way.....)

Guest mo33

Thanks Cal :notworthy:and Supertramp. Yep, have decided. Finally! Will try for a post there and prob settle in Ormeau. God, i change my mind every week! Decisions, decisions!:arghh:

Thanks again!

Mo

It's a convienient hospital...had a bit of bashing from the press recently but same with most places....would never take my kids their for care however, would rather the drive to the Mater Childrens hospital - top rate service there, though very very busy.

• 1 month later...
Guest camhs nurse

hey Mo!

I'm a mental health nurse too. i've got a job lined up at the logan hospital at their Adolescent unit. i spoke to the manager there and she sounded great and very positive and very nurse-led! i've been asking for info too as we're not really sure where to live etc.. when we get there! would you mind e-mailing me if you get any details and we should stay in touch!!

Amanda x

Archived