Melbourne

shak

I prefer Melbourne, it's lovely here.people seem more friendlier than the people in sydney.went shopping yesterday in Melbourne, and i really enjoyed it.it also seems much lively at night than sydney.the weather is alot cooler,however it may be alot different mid summer.hmmm,im now thinking i should've moved Melbourne when i had the chance.its reminds me alot of london,i like that!i see alot more younger ones here too,and alot more multicultural. It seems really nice.only here for a week though

Yes, I agree. Sydney has the harbour which is great of course, and other nice spots - but is very hilly and crowded in the CBD. Plus it is always humid when I go there. I could not live anywhere in Australia other than Victoria I think.

^yes.im now thinking i should've visited melbourne before just settling for sydney,i may have enjoyed it bit more

melbourne is fab, great fun and the people are not uptight like they can be in sydney . It's a great place to live .

And weatherwise....sydney just had more rain in 2 days than Melbourne has had since June last year.

melbourne is fab, great fun and the people are not uptight like they can be in sydney . It's a great place to live .

And weatherwise....sydney just had more rain in 2 days than Melbourne has had since June last year.

Well, that is one thing I am going to disagree with. For one thing, how do you measure 'uptightedness?' (sic.)

Based on my experience of Australia, and the UK for that matter, if you put the names of all the Australian cities and towns into a hat, and invited me to pull one out, I would not care where it was, I could move there and have a good life. I do actually like Melbourne, love AFL, and also love the fact that they kept their tram network. Would I be happier there than in Sydney? Who knows? I can think of no reason why I should prefer Melbournians to Sydneysiders, or vice versa.

Archived