Moving to noosa

Neil Wilshere

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hiya,

yeah we've checked out schooling and because our son turned 11 in April he will start high school January 2016, if he had turned 11 after June he would have like your son had another year in juniors.

We Would just like him to have had a couple of months in a junior school there to make some friends before he started high school.

hopefully we will get our visa soon so can start making plans.

We have been in Oz now for 18 months, I FIFO so living in the Noosa area wasn't going to be a problem as I only have to be at the airport once a month. We particularly liked Tewantin but after looking for 9 months and have a couple of house contracts fall through we gave up. House prices in the whole area are crazy, and frankly just not worth the money. We were looking at houses in the $600-700K price range, everyone seems to want to sell at auction but nothing ever sells on the day. We found the whole process frustrating. We were travelling up from Narangba 3 or 4 times every time I was home. We stopped negotiations on one house after 6 weeks of back and forth offers, the house eventually sold 3 months later for 15K less than our best offer. Even finding a rental is not as easy as it sounds. We love the whole Sunny Coast area and will probably look at making the move again once our youngest has left school.
hi mate what work do you do with the fifo ?

Hi, I moved out here almost three years ago an now live in Noosaville, working at Nambour Hospital. Noosa is a very beautiful place. If anyone would like advice or pointers about the area including house buying/areas to look please let me know/PM me. Its currently 25 degrees with endless blue skys in the last month of winter.!

• 2 weeks later...

Gday Neil - I moved over in April this year and luckily walked into a job 72 hours after landing. People poo pooing employment either aren't employable or just aren't getting out there. Your area of work will help immensely as there is plenty of new builds going up.

We live in Mountain creek just outside the Brightwater estate backing on to the canal. It's lovely and very easy to get anywhere. The Sunshine Motorway is just there with just over an hour to Brisbane. Noosa is lovely too, just a little more hoity toity. Where ever you decide to move, be it Brightwater, Noosa Waters, Noosaville or any of the other lovely locations, you won't regret it! Mountain Creek school is one of the best public schools on the coast from what I hear.

If you fancy catching a few beers in the Tavern when you're hear then hit me up.

Best of luck to your entire family!!

Hey guys. We finally made it over here and have been having a blast for the last month and a half. Two of our kids are in Sunshine beach State High School and the younger 2 go to Noosaville State Primary. So far we're really happy about the decision to come to Noosa. It is expensive compared to the USA and especially when trying to set up a business. The are loving it and have found making friends very easy. They are all involved in sports, swimming lessons and surfing (yes even in the winter which is warm compared to what we are used to). The weather truly is fabulous! Shorts and t-shirts pretty much all the time. While waiting for the office to be ready I've been spending a lot of time 4x4ing along North Shore and doing a fair bit of surf fishing. It's so beautiful and relaxing that sometimes I have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming!

I'm finally going to be ready to care for patients in the office on Monday. I'm located at the 205/90 Goodchap and the name is Laguna Bay Chiropractic. ( www.lagunabaychiropractic.com ). Come visit me if you need a good Chiro!

If anyone is moving to Noosa and has any questions, hit me up. I'd be more than happy to answer any questions that I can regarding housing, recreation, kids, schools...etc.

Archived