ielts test

louloubelle

The score you needs depends on how many points you are trying to get. For example, you need to get 8.0 (superior English) or over to get 20 points towards your visa - which is what I needed.

It it may also depend who you are being assessed by. Check relevant details on websites.

my brother in-law did it for the 2nd time yesterday said it went really well, speaking you shouldn't fail if your english, but he said its tricky on the others really got to listen and pay attention, but you'll get it, he hadn't been to school or did anything like this in over 17 years and he just missed out on the 7's score last time, 6.5 in listening reading and writing and 9 in speaking, he's confident he's done enough this time,

Thanks, I think the reading section is where I will struggle too, having done a few mock papers I find some are much easier to interpert than others!! Writting and speaking I think I should fair well on, not sure about the listening not practiced many of them on line. I dont need the extra point for my visa I need to do it as I am nurse so will be seeking professional registration in Oz. Fingers crossed

I got 9's for all sections except writing, where I got 7.5. I found that to be the most difficult, as I was never very good at any type of creative writing, especially in a subject that I had no interest in. I found that I ran out of time and didn't make the word count on task two (at least 150 words on task one and 250 for task two). Disappointing, because I would have had 70 points for my EOI if I'd managed that extra half a mark.

I expect that others have different strengths and weaknesses, but if I was to give advice to anyone sitting the IELTS, it would be to practice all of the tasks at least to get a feel for the type and format of the questions, but pay special attention to the writing section.

I'm hoping to do ok on the writing section, I'm currently writing a dissertation for my master degree so will feel pretty daft if I can't string a few sentences together lol!!!!! Well done for the good scores though

Thanks! Well I'm sure you'll do very well. The most writing I do on paper is writing the odd thing in a log book (but I have people to do that for me! Lol) and signing my name a thousand times a day. My handwriting is atrocious too, which doesn't help, I should have been a doctor.

It's quite challenging to maintain a high level of concentration during the listening part, but it's fairly short with lots of breaks in between to catch your breath.

And don't forget, if you get the scores you need for the skills assessment but not for the visa points, then you can also sit the general test at a later date, it's much easier!!

Best of luck.

Thanks, I think the reading section is where I will struggle too, having done a few mock papers I find some are much easier to interpert than others!! Writting and speaking I think I should fair well on, not sure about the listening not practiced many of them on line. I dont need the extra point for my visa I need to do it as I am nurse so will be seeking professional registration in Oz. Fingers crossed

Do you need to get a certain score?

Here you go:

I've zipped up a bunch of Cambridge IELTS books in PDF format. It has all the practise tests you'll need.

I forgot to add the README file to the zipped document, so just download that seperately.

PDFs:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wzvcjp0zd0...0PDFs.zip?dl=0

Help File:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/68k4ixv2lx...EADME.txt?dl=0

Help file only tells you to find the corresponding listening tests on youtube (it all will become clear when downloaded / unzipped)

ps: If you don't score what you need the first time around in IELTS, ditch it and go do PTE.

You can find the full saga of my experience here: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/223199-two-visa-options-your-views-5.html#post1936732741

I'll be writing a more comprehensive comparison guide as soon as I get the chance, the the essence of the matter is: IELTS are a bunch of bullies. Pearson isn't easier per say, it's just a fairer, more accurate and modern test.

Archived