ADF - Lateral Transfer RN to RAN - Timeline

Thought this might be useful for anyone thinking of Laterally Transferring from the RN to the RAN. Had my Visa approved on 5 May 08 and this is a comprehensive timeline of the whole process:

3 Mar 07 – Application to RAN

25 Mar 08 – Interview at Gunwharf Keys, Portsmouth

14 Jun 07 – Security, Medical and Application packs sent to me.

12 Jul 07 - Security, Medical and Application packs received by the RAN.

14 Jul 07 – Recognition of Prior Learning pack received from RAN by post.

2 Aug 08 – RPL received by RAN.

26 Nov 07 – Conditions of Service letter (job offer) received by post.

27 Nov 07 – COS letter signed and returned to RAN by post.

21 Jan 08 – Email from RAN to state COS letter received and placed on file.

22 Jan 08 – AD 125 sent to RAN by email and post.

31 Jan 08 – RAN apply for Labour Agreement.

11 Mar 08 – Visa medicals and x-rays conducted.

18 Mar 08 - Visa medicals and x-rays sent to DIAC Sydney by UPS.

25 Mar 08 - Visa medicals and x-rays delivered to DIAC Sydney.

10 Apr 08 – RAN labour Agreement approved by DIAC Canberra.

22 Apr 08 – Visa application sent to DIAC Canberra (Form 47ES + Form 80 and 1221 for the 2 adults) + Police Certificates).

29 Apr 08 – Visa application delivered to DIAC in Canberra.

1 May 08 – Visa lodged.

5 May 08 – Visa approved.

We now have our flights booked and leave blighty, wheels off, on the 4 Sep 08.

Chris.

Guest Ben

Congratulations guys,

As one matelot to another I'm very pleased for you and your family, after nearly 20 years in the RN I think you're doing the right thing!!

Good luck for September,

Ben

• 1 month later...

Hi Chris and Elaine

We seem to be about 2 weeks behind you in the process and have just got our visas:spinny:. How long did it take for the high commision to get in touch with you with regards to flights and removals. We are heading to Perth how about yourselves?

Jo

• 2 months later...
Guest hoppytas

Hope all goes well seems like you are all about done,

I am in the process of transferring myself from RN, I was lucky enough during my recent deployment to have a RAN Officer onboard who went through all my paperwork and even endorsed it all for me. I have my medical in DRAKE on 1st September and that is when i will have completed all paper work and return it to OZ. the time line helped but how much longer from where i am now ?

have mentioned to my DO and HOD onboard with mixed reactions and have even quoted BRs wiith regards to transferring, is it a difficult process to get manning clearance especially as i am still serving in a sea billet ?

Also my understanding is that I will drop a rank from PO to LH, i have applied for Combat Sytems (Sonar) any advice on that also.

many thanks good to know ther are others out there doing the same

Martin, Lynette, and family

my e-mail/MSN address is fivehoptons@aol.com and 395-pouw3@a.dii.mod.uk

Guest nareyclan

hi chris

not far behind you in the process we sent visa off in july and have completed medicalsand xrays in after visa application. we have a case officer at diac now and he told us to progess the rest of the application we're now waiting for the police check certificate to send off. Hopefully we will be out bound in Jan. where are you off to, I will be joining Watson.

there is a slight difference in what I have gone through. I have yet to have an interview but I have have had TOS and LA the ES47 and form 80 have all been done. also what is the 1221 not done that yet.

we have been on POI for a while getting the general idea what to expect. so far it has been a bit off peaks and troughs not disheartened, still v excited. what's it like with only days to go?

• 9 months later...
Guest Herbs

Hello all,

i have my interview on wednesday in portsmouth next week but am unable to attend the presentation on the lateral transfer process (because of work commitments) as per usual.

can anyone give me some top tips of what i will be missing and what questions i should ask.

sound like those who have made the change are happy with it and im hoping ill be joining you at some point in the future.

Guest guest30038

My missus is ex RN fleet air arm and I'm ex RMR. Her dad did an exchange with an Aussie officer and served at Cerberus in Frankston for 3 yrs which is where she was born. Her dad loved it but the RN wouldn't let him transfer proper. My youngest lad his his sights set on a naval career.

Good luck to you blokes.

kev

• 2 months later...
Guest Puddleducks2009

Hi there, just been reading your posts. My hubby is an LET(new name for Lmem) and I would like to know who to contact regarding transferring over? His time is up in 2012 so not long left now but we have talked about moving over to the RAN. Who would be initally contact etc etc? There is sooo much information on this site and I have not got a clue where to start? Any help would be grately appreciated :-)

• 3 years later...
Hi Chris and Elaine

We seem to be about 2 weeks behind you in the process and have just got our visas:spinny:. How long did it take for the high commision to get in touch with you with regards to flights and removals. We are heading to Perth how about yourselves?

Jo

Hi Jo, this is such a shot in the dark but I have a funny feeling we used to live next to each other in faslane.( I used to have two dogs oscar and tyson) . if you do know me can you contact me as ive lost your AUssie address. we're now in the process of transfering to RAN. sorry New to this so can't worked how to email you privately :-( I really hope I have the right person . S

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

yes it is us. We've been over here over 4 years now. I've tried to send you a PM with my email address but your account isn't set up to receive messages. I found an old email address of yours and will try to send you a message

Jo

Hi there,

yes it is us. We've been over here over 4 years now. I've tried to send you a PM with my email address but your account isn't set up to receive messages. I found an old email address of yours and will try to send you a message

Jo

the Internet is a marvellous sometimes. I've PM you with my email address , looking forward to catching up on all your exciting news :-)

Archived