402 Visa - Confused

Vikki81

Hi All,

Im just researching the 402 visa and its probably the most confusing one I've seen. Can someone explain in plain English what the occupational training is for.

Is the occupation stream basically for those that have an occupation in the CSOL that want further training/ experience in a company.

1. Can the visa applicant be paid by the trainer / sponsoring business - Eg - like a work based relationship

2. Are there any English requirements for this stream?

3. Is there a skills assessment for these occupations - how do you know what experience / study qualifications you need to qualify for the visa - for example would you look it up by ANSZCO description?

In reality - is it similar to a 457 visa - (without the opportunity for PR and a shorter length)

Hi All,

Im just researching the 402 visa and its probably the most confusing one I've seen. Can someone explain in plain English what the occupational training is for.

Is the occupation stream basically for those that have an occupation in the CSOL that want further training/ experience in a company.

1. Can the visa applicant be paid by the trainer / sponsoring business - Eg - like a work based relationship

3. Is there a skills assessment for these occupations - how do you know what experience / study qualifications you need to qualify for the visa - for example would you look it up by ANSZCO description?

Have a look at this:

http://www.immi.gov.au/visas/pages/402.aspx

Hi All,

In reality - is it similar to a 457 visa - (without the opportunity for PR and a shorter length)

Not one many people apply for. I don't think you will get a better write up than the one availabe on http://www.immi.gov.au

Archived