does being married waiver the 1 year relationship requirement?

laurenrose24

Hey all,

My partner any myself have been together 7 months and we've decided to get married. Does being married waiver the 1 year requirement? We have been friends for 2 years and did not become "official" in immigrations eyes until September 2014. We are wanting to apply before november. Thanks

Hey all,

My partner any myself have been together 7 months and we've decided to get married. Does being married waiver the 1 year requirement? We have been friends for 2 years and did not become "official" in immigrations eyes until September 2014. We are wanting to apply before november. Thanks

Where are you located now? Where do you plan on the wedding being?

Yes is does but remember that you still need to fufil the 4 evidence categories and demonstrate that your relationship is "genuine and continuing" so you will evidently need a lot more than a marriage certificate when applying. Four evidence categories are:

1. Joint finances

2. Joint household

3. Social evidnce

4. Joint commitments

Hey,

We already have a joint lease, previous written references from where we stayed prior, joint bills, joint bank account, financial help from him when I was doing my regional work, lots of mutual friends all willing to write statements. My list can go on but you get the gist? Marriage is just the cherry on top of the cake for us :)

Is good!

I'll PM you with a link to details about registering a relationship to overcome the 12 month living together requirement.

Best regards.

The OP is in Perth and AFAIK, WA don't have an acceptable Relationship Register.

Archived