Certifying documents in uk nursing registration

Dawnj90

Hey

Anybody that has applied for aphra nursing registration from UK .. Who did you get to certify documents before sending ?

thanks

You can go to your local court and request that you have your documents certified by a Justice of the Peace - usually have to make an appointment - about £30.00. Try to make sure you have everything you need photocopied and ready to save you going back again.

Are you serious!! OMG if they don't accept my documents signed by a solicitor I am going to absolutely flip my lid. I am really losing my patience with AHPRA and their pettiness. The have been the most awkward part of the process, and I don't see any justifiable reason for it.

• 2 months later...

Yup I had mine all done by a solicitor/Commissioner of oaths and it wasn't enough for AHPRA only ANMAC would accept - beyond fuming!! The Notary wants to contact my uni and send my marriage cert off which cost £30 for some special **** to be done with it etc - I have no idea why this is so damn difficult?

Since moving here i have realised why they dont see a problem with asking for a justice of the peace to sign! Here it is free to have done and you just go to the library to get it done.

Will prob give them a piece of my mind once my registration is through. But not gonna rock the boat yet as nearly there. Have finished bridging course abd reapplied to Ahpra. Hopefully should be through in 4 weeks.

good luck to everyone

QUOTE=JenPen;1936757225]Yup I had mine all done by a solicitor/Commissioner of oaths and it wasn't enough for AHPRA only ANMAC would accept - beyond fuming!! The Notary wants to contact my uni and send my marriage cert off which cost £30 for some special **** to be done with it etc - I have no idea why this is so damn difficult?

Justice of the Peace in Australia is just a volunteer who certifies things. In Britain, it is a magistrate. Same term, different concepts.

Certification works on the basis of someone belonging to a profession in which they would suffer professional sanctions if they lied. This can only work in Australia - a British nurse or solicitor or whatever could not be called to account by the Australian Government. So certification by British people is meaningless; DIBP seem to have decided that means it is no longer worth getting documents certified at all (if loaded electronically) but AHPRA seems to have decided it means only Australians can certify documents.

Archived