CHILDCARE professionals

Lparker15

Hi, looking for some advice from anyone who has emigrated to Oz as a childcare professional. I am currently working as a childminder and I also work as a volunteer in a nursery a couple of days a week, I have my level 3 in children and young people's workforce and I am just about to complete my first year of the early years foundation degree. I am looking at completing the 4 years and achieving the BA Honours degree in early years.

Myself and my husband would like to emigrate to Oz once I have completed the degree. I know at the moment the only profession on the SOL list is Childcentre Manager. I have heard that due to a shortage of qualified childcare professionals that childcare coordinator may be added back onto the SOL list at some point. Is anyone aware of this. We are flying out to Brisbane on the 13th October this year for 3 weeks and I was thinking of speaking to some daycare centres whilst there to see if they offer any type of sponsorship. Is anyone aware of getting over there with my experience via sponsorship.

Also my husband is just about to start his HGV license training. Would there be any opportunities for his skill set.

Many thanks.

Child Care Centre Manager and Child Care Coordinator are the same occupation so there is no chance that Child Care Coordinator will be added to any list because it's already there.

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Product+Lookup/1220.0~2006~Chapter~UNIT+GROUP+1341+Child+Care+Centre+Managers

With your experience, you would not be eligible for any sponsored visa. Employers are only allowed to sponsor people who ahve acceptable qualifications and work experience in an occupation on the CSOL and Child Care Centre MANAGER is the only related occupation listed.

Even after you get an appropriate degree, you must have work experience (not sure how long, but at least 12 months and perhaps as long as 3 years) as the manager of a childcare centre licensed by a regulatory authority with a minimum of 20 children in the 0-5 age group. You should contact TRA and ask what their exact requirements are for a positive skills assessment.

Hi, looking for some advice from anyone who has emigrated to Oz as a childcare professional. I am currently working as a childminder and I also work as a volunteer in a nursery a couple of days a week, I have my level 3 in children and young people's workforce and I am just about to complete my first year of the early years foundation degree. I am looking at completing the 4 years and achieving the BA Honours degree in early years.

Myself and my husband would like to emigrate to Oz once I have completed the degree. I know at the moment the only profession on the SOL list is Childcentre Manager. I have heard that due to a shortage of qualified childcare professionals that childcare coordinator may be added back onto the SOL list at some point. Is anyone aware of this. We are flying out to Brisbane on the 13th October this year for 3 weeks and I was thinking of speaking to some daycare centres whilst there to see if they offer any type of sponsorship. Is anyone aware of getting over there with my experience via sponsorship.

Also my husband is just about to start his HGV license training. Would there be any opportunities for his skill set.

Many thanks.

Sponsorship may be available if you have extensive experience as a day care centre manager. However, volunteering a couple of days a week and working as a child minder would not qualify you for that.

Thanks for the advice. My plan is to give up Childminding in September (when my daughter starts school) and get full time employment in a day care centre/nursery and then hopefully whilst doing my degree work my way up. Hopefully gaining the experience I need as a manager. Is there anyone currently working in this role in Oz, what are the job opportunities/salary like?

Archived