Critical Misunderstanding VISA Lodged 189 - ACS Assessment

syedusman1

I have in a same boat as these guys, I've requested my application to be withdrawn,

When we apply again, do we need to have a new EOI invite as well? Well, that is some agent told me that, Im not sure how it works but,

Thanks for help

You need to lodge a new EOI so that any invitation is based on the corrected information.

Looks like I am in the same boat :(

ACS evaluated 5 years of my experience as relevant but deducted 2 years and I being the ignorant one, went and claimed 10 points for my experience. According to EOI, I have 65 points but actually 60 points.I launched my application on 11th of April. What should I do?

Looks like I am in the same boat :(

ACS evaluated 5 years of my experience as relevant but deducted 2 years and I being the ignorant one, went and claimed 10 points for my experience. According to EOI, I have 65 points but actually 60 points.I launched my application on 11th of April. What should I do?

Same as has been suggested to other posters earlier in the thread?

Yeap. ACS assessment deducted 2 years of my total 5 years experience. I anyways have 60 points, even with 2 years deduction but since I claimed 10 points for experience without realizing...I am worried that my Visa might get refused :(

Yeap. ACS assessment deducted 2 years of my total 5 years experience. I anyways have 60 points, even with 2 years deduction but since I claimed 10 points for experience without realizing...I am worried that my Visa might get refused :(

Wait for your CO, and hope he overlook this. There are cases where people have got approval despite lesser experience. So wait and hope, normally CO asks to prove your experience, and in reply you can just inform them that you want to withdraw. They won't reject you if you tell them you will be withdrawing

• 10 months later...

Hi Syed,

What happend to your case?

I need a bit of suggestion from you. I have applied for my visa and waiting for medicals.

In the ACS skill assessment all my experience where not added, because I was thinking only 8+ years of experience is good enough for the skill assessment. Later, I realized that the ACS had reduced 2 years of the experience. But, I have submitted EOI claiming 15 points(for 8+ years) without knowing that ACS reduced 2 years with the skill met date concept. Since there has been a 8 months between EOI and Invite, I reached 10+ years of experience and even after reducing 2 years by ACS I should have 8+ years of experience to claim 15 points (overall 60 points). I have paid as well, now the question is incase if the CO want some clarification they would reach out me, isn't it? rather than straight away refusing the visa?

Can you tell me how much time they give you?

In your case they asked explanation at what stage? After submitting the medicals or before that?

Hi Syed,

I need a bit of suggestion from you. I have applied for my visa and waiting for medicals.

In the ACS skill assessment all my experience where not added, because I was thinking only 8+ years of experience is good enough for the skill assessment. Later, I realized that the ACS had reduced 2 years of the experience. But, I have submitted EOI claiming 15 points(for 8+ years) without knowing that ACS reduced 2 years with the skill met date concept. Since there has been a 8 months between EOI and Invite, I reached 10+ years of experience and even after reducing 2 years by ACS I should have 8+ years of experience to claim 15 points (overall 60 points). I have paid as well, now the question is incase if the CO want some clarification they would reach out me, isn't it? rather than straight away refusing the visa?

In your case they asked explanation at what stage? After submitting the medicals or before that?

This thread is over a year old and it's unlikely that you'll get a reply.

It seems that from your post, you submitted your EOI before getting the skills assessment back from ACS. This often results in a visa refusal on its own.

The claimed points must be valid on the day that you submitted the EOI.

Hi Syed,

Hello Priya,

I was contacted by CO and they referred me that i am short of 5 months of the experience, and asked me for justification. Now the curious case is they used my visa lodged date instead of EOI submission date. People on this forum guided very well and i did not try to justify my experience by giving part time letters etc.

Actually i was following old ACS guideline of 2013 which created this confusion. I emailed CO and accepted my mistake, attached the old ACS guideline, and wished to withdraw my application. MY CO returned with withdraw and refund form, and i was very very lucky that i got fully refunded.

Now as you cannot do any thing, and just have to wait for CO.... your best chance is CO overlooks it. CO are also humans, so they feel for the applicants :) My advise would be not to get tense.... go for meds, PCC everything and have strong hope that this point will not be raised.

All the best!