Baby on the way

Proview220

I'm just wondering how many people have found their self in this situation, my daughter who lives in England has told us she is expecting her first baby our first grandchild yay!!?

Did you move back to the UK to be with her and the baby or did you stay in Australia and just do a UK visit etc?

This is the situation we are in!!!!

We were the same with our number 1 son whom stayed in the uk, and has since with his partner had two children. Though quite tough on Linda in not being there and not able to see the girls as much as she would like, she and everybody else accepts that we live in Australia, however it does give us more incentive for more often, longer and enjoyable visits, and for them to visit us too (not too often) We are back there in May, son is actually getting married, and we will all be going away to Cornwall for a few days too with a bigger US (Disney) trip next year.

congratulations and good luck with everything.

Keith.

Hi guys thats a tough one. Can i give u a view from the other side? Weve just had our 2nd baby girl 10 weeks ago here in oz. My parents especially my mum are desperate to be out here to see her. And i didnt honestly think id feel as bad as i do without my mum around. These are months i can't get back that they have missed out on. Im going hime with bubs for 3 weeks soon and my mum is over the moon. My vote would be go back and be there but others may say its ur life now, tough one x