How to calculate council rates???

Flake

Are you buying a property there ?

Rates are payable by home owners only.

They are based on the Capital Improved Value (Land plus buildings) as valued by the council.

Councils normally do a valuation every 2 years.

I'm not in that council but could probably find out the formula my council uses, if you really need to know,

Mu rates are now about $1870 for a $800,000 valuation.

Are you buying a property there ?

Rates are payable by home owners only.

They are based on the Capital Improved Value (Land plus buildings) as valued by the council.

Councils normally do a valuation every 2 years.

I'm not in that council but could probably find out the formula my council uses, if you really need to know,

Mu rates are now about $1870 for a $800,000 valuation.

Yeah just currently looking into the prospect of buying, just seeing what the associated costs outside of a mortgage payment. Is that an annual rate you listed? Nothing would surprise me in sydney!!!

Our rates in Sutherland Shire are about $1700 per year, so I would add a little bit more than that for the Hills district maybe? I assume that some suburbs (such as Northern Beaches, Eastern Suburbs etc) are more expensive than others (Penrith, Campbelltown etc), in part due to the higher valuations and in part due to the council. Only a guess though.

You pay $1700 for a full year? Wow, that's cheap! I pay that for a half year.

Yes, it's not bad is it. One of the advantages of living in a cheaper and less well thought of area I guess.

Archived