If 186 nomination is rejected, will the 457 visa be cancelled as well?

shanechan517

Hi everyone, just want to get an answer about if rejection of 186 nomination will impact current 457 visa.

I have worked for my employer for about 2 years under 457 visa, so it's time to apply for 186 through temporary resident stream.

However, my employer and I found that the training fee spent in last two year might not be sufficient.

We still want to give a try, but just want to figure out first that if immigration office knows that we didn't spend enough money in training, will my 457 visa be cancelled as well?

Anyone has any idea about this situation?

Thanks in advance.

If they haven't spent that it will be refused and is a total waste of money. There are ways around it though. Get a good agent to talk your employer through what they have to do.

That's a decision that my employer will have to make.

I just want to do if this will impact my current visa. Is there anyone experienced the similar situation before?

That's a decision that my employer will have to make.

I just want to do if this will impact my current visa. Is there anyone experienced the similar situation before?

It depends on the situation. If it is assessed that the company is in beach of it's 457 obligation, such as training of Australian staff, the 186 application could trigger Monitoring of the business. If the business is monitored and found to be in breach of their obligations, they could be sanctioned. If the breach is serious enough they could cancel the businesses sponsorship and the associated 457 visas.

Hi,

I have a question about training benchmark of 186 temporary residence transition stream.

My employer has figured out that we didn't meet the 1% requirement on training in first year but spend more than 1% in the second year.

First year 0.95% of total payroll

Second year 1.1% of total payroll

Total average training spending is over 1%

In this case, will the employer be approved?

Thanks.

Archived