Childcare tips?

hefbat

Wanted to know if anyone had tips for finding good quality childcare in Canberra closer to the centre (where we expect we'll end up living as it's close to my wife's work).

Tips on expected costs, waiting times, general availability and flexibility (do they prioritise a full week over a few days), and best way to get started looking...those kinds of things would be useful to know.

Thanks in advance

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

I Googled 'childcare in Canberra', and this website came up, which is Australia wide, and seems to be a reasonble starting point. I also Googled 'Canberra Government childcare' thinking that those sort of sites would be good too.

http://www.careforkids.com.au/

https://www.careforkids.com.au/child-care/canberra

[h=3]Child Care - Community Services - ACT Government[/h]www.communityservices.act.gov.au/women/womens.../child_car

[h=3]mychild.gov.au - mychild.gov.au[/h]ifp.mychild.gov.au/

Good luck!

Child care in Canberra can be worse than getting your kid into private school - and more expensive! Cost now about $100-120 per day per child I think although if you're PR you'll get a rebate on that. Some employers have crèches - so if your DW is working at ANU for example there's an ANU crèche which prioritises staff/students. There's also Family Day Care where kids are cared for by registered childminders in their homes.

Good luck!

Child care in Canberra can be worse than getting your kid into private school - and more expensive! Cost now about $100-120 per day per child I think although if you're PR you'll get a rebate on that. Some employers have crèches - so if your DW is working at ANU for example there's an ANU crèche which prioritises staff/students. There's also Family Day Care where kids are cared for by registered childminders in their homes.

When I was Googling, I saw a Canberra Times post that referred to that very fact. I thought 'too negative' to post!