The perfect cuppa!

Jacaranda

No not talking about the costs of coffee's again!:laugh:My friend who drinks tea,swears that you always have to use fresh water in the kettle.So if she boiled the kettle 2 hrs ago,she then empties whatever water is left in the kettle and re fills it.Me?I'm not bothered and actually can't taste any difference to using fresh or pre boiled.I take my tea with milk and sugar.Coffee,I like to use ground coffee in a cafetierre/plunger,and change coffee varieties quite often as I like a change.I add milk and sugar first before pouring in the coffee! I enjoy a hot choc too,usually make that with skimmed milk!So how do you make/like your cuppa's?

For tea, I like a fairly strong PG tips, with milk and a bit of sugar, which I usually drink at work. I also like jasmine green tea - have got some "Buddha's Tears" at the moment, which are the little balls of tea that unfurl slowly in hot water, which I got from the T2 shop in London (I think the tea was shipped from Australia!!). This is what I tend to drink at home.

For coffee, I like a fairly strong flat white from one of my preferred vendors, local to home, or I'm happy with a instant coffee with a bit of sweetened condensed milk when I'm at home. Not a bit fan of Starbucks, Costa etc but will very occasionally have an Americano (tall black?) from Caffe Nero.

Love hot chocolate but I am a fiend with it, so try to avoid...

I am seriously into Dilmah's Fun Flavoured Black Teas at the moment - particularly their peach, strawberry and raspberry flavour ones. I drink them like normal black tea - with milk and sugar - and they smell divine. They also make a very good iced tea in the summer (without the milk and sugar then!) You can only buy them online though, only found one shop that sold them here, which then changed management and stopped stocking them.

No not talking about the costs of coffee's again!:laugh:My friend who drinks tea,swears that you always have to use fresh water in the kettle.So if she boiled the kettle 2 hrs ago,she then empties whatever water is left in the kettle and re fills it.Me?I'm not bothered and actually can't taste any difference to using fresh or pre boiled.I take my tea with milk and sugar.Coffee,I like to use ground coffee in a cafetierre/plunger,and change coffee varieties quite often as I like a change.I add milk and sugar first before pouring in the coffee! I enjoy a hot choc too,usually make that with skimmed milk!So how do you make/like your cuppa's?

Don't drink tea, can't stand the stuff!! But I do the fresh water in the kettle for every coffee I have, and not only that but I have to have the cold tap running for a good few secs before I will fill the kettle.

Archived