457 with KPMG

r0bsk1

Hi, just wondering if anyone has used KPMG to obtain a 457?

Its been a long and drawn out process to get where we are now but im wondering if thats down to KPMG or my employer

My employer aggreed my transfer from UK to Melbourne in August last year. The visa application was finaly submitted at the end of Feburary.

I've now been informed employer nomination has been approved. Shouldnt that have been done when they decided on the transfer?

May be its just me being impatiant probably because i should have been there 2 weeks ago and had F1 tickets

Thanks

If the employer wasn't already approved as a sponsor, that could have taken a long time as it's a very complex application - delays there are usually because the employer doesn't have the required information to hand. Then, the nomination could have also taken several weeks to be approved for similar reasons. For a 3 stage visa like a 457, the actual visa application is often the easy part of the process.

The timing may be due to any number of factors. Was your employer already an approved sponsor or did they need to renew their sponsorship? They may have submitted the nomination quite some time ago and it was slow to be processed. Or as you've said, perhaps they were slow to gather the required information and submit the nomination.

• 5 weeks later...