Leaving country on bridging visa A at short notice

appleosprey

I was hoping someone can give me some advice.

Yesterday afternoon my partner got a call from Italy and he had some family matters that he had to go home to. He booked a flight and got on a plane just a couple of hours ago.

We are applying for PArtner Visa, we are on bridging visa A ( no leave Australia)

We didnt have time to arrange Bridging visa B becuase of time restraints.

I have sent an email to Immi dept reagrding this but now am worried as we didnt get approval.

I think that he should be back in 2-3 weeks time once he has dealt with this issue in his family.

Does anyone know if we will be ok to get him back in the country,

We would have got a correct Bridging visa B if time allowed but he had to go at such short notice.

Now I am worried this will jeopardise our situation

I would be grateful to anyone who may have some information that they could share that might help before I hear back from Immigration department

Thanks everyone

:)

He should have applied for a BVB before he left Australia regardless of how little time he had - they can only be applied for in Australia. As soon as he left Australia, his Bridging visa A was cancelled. Now, the only way he can return to Australia is if he is granted another substantive visa e.g. a Visitor visa but he will then be restricted to the conditions of that visa i.e. length of stay, no work allowed etc. When was the Partner visa applied for?

We applied for partner visa in JUL 2014, so we have been waiting 8 months, He is fine to come back on a visitor visa (as long as its approved) I guess I just wonder if they would still consider the partner visa without having to apply again and pay the $4700 ouch, :)

The Partner visa application won't be affected unless of course he can't get back into Australia. You probably still have another 4 or 5 months before a decision is reached on that application and he MUST be in Australia when it's granted so timing will be critical. If he gets an eVisitor visa and comes back in 2 or 3 weeks time, his 3 months may be up before the 820/801 is granted, he'll have to leave and then there's no guarantee that he'll get back in a second time.

Edited by Ozmaniac

Ok that seems not so bad, as long as he gets the evisitor visa, he can enter Australia and then wait for the 820/801. We could look at getting a 6 month/12 month evisitor, he doesnt need working rights.

I wonder if he could apply for a bridging visa a again when he comes back to Australia

I just hope there is a solution rather than reapplying again.

We just could not wait for him to apply for the bridging visa by post as sending the application on a friday we would have to wait several business days for him to get it back and he needed to travel immediately. I hope that we can get it sorted, Im sure there will be a way but obviously a way that is less stressful will be better than a big headache

Thanks for your help

:)

• 2 years later...
7 hours ago, Needhelpalli said:

Appleosprey, can you please tell me what happened to your case? My husband is stuck overseas at the moment because we didn't know about the bridging visa B before he left. Immigration doesn't open until Monday. 

You cannot return on a BVA and a BVB iis only granted onshore.

Could get a tourist visa/evisitor to come back to visit, but the BVA will have ceased to exist.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi i’m stuck with the same situation.My husband is an Australian resident and we got married this year and moved to Australia on tourist visa then applied for onshore partner visa A.I had already applied for bridging visa B to meet my family but my mother got sick and I had to come to meet her.Coul anyone guide what can I do now with this situation.Should I apply for tourist visa again?And will the accept it?Or is there any other option.Waiting for your response 

Thanks