telling best mates

Guest jacks22

Guest jacks22

Just realised I posted to news gossip and chat but meant to put it under dilemmas! Any advice on how to tell best buddies of imminent move to Aus. Hadn't mentioned it to anyone but have now got CO so am starting to panic! Any tips on how to approach the subject of fleeing this country because no longer happy working or living here, without upsetting folk, would be very much appreciated.

Thanks from Jacqui

Pick your time then just do it.

You may be surprised at the outcomes - those you expect to be pleased may not & vice versa?

It used to be difficult to actually get the visa (don't know about the current situation) so I wouldn't tell those who you think will suffer the most (parents usually?) until you're pretty sure its in the bag.

My closest friend gave a pretty mixed reaction, she's happy for us, yet sad too, every conversation for a while contained the phrase "you can always come back". I'm going to have to buy a new diary for bookings all the people who have said they are going to visit us!!

Ali

My closest friend gave a pretty mixed reaction, she's happy for us, yet sad too, every conversation for a while contained the phrase "you can always come back". I'm going to have to buy a new diary for bookings all the people who have said they are going to visit us!!

Ali

Yeah, we get that all the time :) "If you don't like it you can always come back" - what's not to like?

If there are horrible people? There are horrible people here, that's why we're leaving.

If the climate's horrible? The climate is horrible here, that's why we're leaving.

If we don't like the wildlife? We don't like the "wildlife" (Chavs, neds, kevs, etc) here either.

The list is endless. It's true - I might hate it in Oz. But I have family there that I love and - if nothing else - at least I'd be miserable in the sun instead of the rain :-D

Cheers

Choobs

Archived