Cost of migration

Mhanvey

Hi, I am thinking of migrating to Aus as my job has come up on the skills wanted list and I can make approx. 30-40% more then I make in the UK and get the lifestyle of living in Oz, win win.

I have spoken to a company that will assist me with the migration process and they have quoted me 4-5K for the whole migration process, my question is, does this sound like a reasonable value from experience of people who have already done it?

Hi, I am thinking of migrating to Aus as my job has come up on the skills wanted list and I can make approx. 30-40% more then I make in the UK and get the lifestyle of living in Oz, win win.

I have spoken to a company that will assist me with the migration process and they have quoted me 4-5K for the whole migration process, my question is, does this sound like a reasonable value from experience of people who have already done it?

Bear in mind that the cost of living in Australia is also higher, so you won't be 30-40% better off.

depends on what they mean by " migration process" , does this include visa fees? is this just for yourself?

Hi, there are 3 of us 2 adults I child the quote we have got is for the visa med n all check £5045 andd the cost of using an agent £3940 plus flights to get there at the most £3000 n for a container to ship our good £3000 roughly the high end of £15,000

Hi, there are 3 of us 2 adults I child the quote we have got is for the visa med n all check £5045 andd the cost of using an agent £3940 plus flights to get there at the most £3000 n for a container to ship our good £3000 roughly the high end of £15,000

Pretty much our situation too, and factor in the £20k ish that we would need to save for the recommended Aus $40k savings as per the visa requirements.

Pretty much our situation too, and factor in the £20k ish that we would need to save for the recommended Aus $40k savings as per the visa requirements.

"Aus $40k savings as per the visa requirements".???? ehhhh say what...correct me if i'm wrong but there's nothing stopping you going with 50p in the bank!

"Aus $40k savings as per the visa requirements".???? ehhhh say what...correct me if i'm wrong but there nothing stopping you goign with 50p in the bank

That may have been a requirement for my state sponsorship then.

Edit.

Yeah, my bad, that was a requirement for the Vitoria state sponsorship.

"Aus $40k savings as per the visa requirements".???? ehhhh say what...correct me if i'm wrong but there's nothing stopping you going with 50p in the bank!

Yes I was told that the rule that you have to have money in your bank to enter Australia was removed

30-40% more isn't a hell of a lot when the cost of living is as expensive as it is!

Whats your profession?

Im a construction project manager, Ive looked at some price comparison sites and costs are cheaper than London prices apparently.

I was out there 4 years ago so am aware that thinks like cigarettes and alcohol are highly taxed.

Just for yourself?..i suspect this is just the agents fee.

Yes that would be just for myself, I was not sure if that was good or bad.

That will include, visa, CRB check, medical, legal fees, assistance finding a job and assistance finding housing.

NOPE

Aren't we the fountain of knowledge? Actually, it was

[h=3]Finances[/h]You must have adequate financial resources to support yourself and your dependants (if you have any) when you migrate to Victoria, or while you look for suitable employment. The Onshore Applicants table and Offshore Applicants table show the financial resources you must have access to, to support your nomination application.

We do not require evidence of these financial resources.

[TABLE=class: data, width: 490]

[TR=class: odd]

[TH=colspan: 2]Onshore applicants

[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]All applicants

[/TD]

[TD]Australian dollars (AUD) required

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Working in nominated occupation

[/TD]

[TD]20 000

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Not working in nominated occupation

[/TD]

[TD]See offshore requirements

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TH=colspan: 2]Offshore applicants

[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Number of dependants

[/TD]

[TD]Australian dollars (AUD) required

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Individual applicant

[/TD]

[TD]30 000

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1

[/TD]

[TD]35 000

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]2

[/TD]

[TD]40 000

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3

[/TD]

[TD]50 000

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]4

[/TD]

[TD]60 000

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5

[/TD]

[TD]70 000

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]6 or more

[/TD]

[TD]80 000[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/visas-and-immigrating/skilled-visas/skilled-nominated-visa-subclass-190#MinimumRequirements

Aren't we the fountain of knowledge? Actually, it was

Finances

You must have adequate financial resources to support yourself and your dependants (if you have any) when you migrate to Victoria, or while you look for suitable employment. The Onshore Applicants table and Offshore Applicants table show the financial resources you must have access to, to support your nomination application.

We do not require evidence of these financial resources.

[TABLE=class: data, width: 490]

[TH=colspan: 2]Onshore applicants[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]All applicants[/TD]

[TD]Australian dollars (AUD) required[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Working in nominated occupation[/TD]

[TD]20 000[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Not working in nominated occupation[/TD]

[TD]See offshore requirements[/TD]

[/TR]

[TH=colspan: 2]Offshore applicants[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Number of dependants[/TD]

[TD]Australian dollars (AUD) required[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Individual applicant[/TD]

[TD]30 000[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]35 000[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]40 000[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]50 000[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]60 000[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]70 000[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]6 or more[/TD]

[TD]80 000[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/visas-and-immigrating/skilled-visas/skilled-nominated-visa-subclass-190#MinimumRequirements

It was what?....."We do not require evidence of these financial resources."

"you must have adequate financial resources to support yourself and your dependants" > thus requires common-sense : )

As i said 50p would suffice!

It was what?....."We do not require evidence of these financial resources."

As i said 50p would suffice!

Well, you need to sign a declaration that you have it, and there is good reason that you should have it. Sure recommend dishonesty, I on the other hand wouldn't recommend someone lying on an official immigration form of a country they are hoping to adopt them.

Yes that would be just for myself, I was not sure if that was good or bad.

That will include, visa, CRB check, medical, legal fees, assistance finding a job and assistance finding housing.

Doesn't sound to bad, ours cost just over 8K..but i did it myself ( family of 4). I'm sure someelse can advise accordingly, i would however check the cost with agents recomended on PIO

Well, you need to sign a declaration that you have it, and there is good reason that you should have it. Sure recommend dishonesty, I on the other hand wouldn't recommend someone lying on an official immigration form of a country they are hoping to adopt them.

Its all about common sense really...you are not required to have funds...some people on here have migrated with very little in the bank!

Its all about common sense really...you are not required to have funds...some people on here have migrated with very little in the bank!

You can actually be asked to show evidence of your financial capacity at the airport when you land. They spot check financial situations. When I made my validation trip I was asked to show funds... my brother who landed the day before wasn't... it is a serious offence if you cant produce what you said you had. Having been in that position... I would advise against lying.

well i'm printing off a bank statement tomorrow to show i have monies, works out i'll have around 11k in dollars when i land, hopefully won't spend too much of it before i get my feet on the ground, only thing bothering me is price of a bond on a house to rent and then a cheap car once i'm driving. don't like the thought of spending what i have!

Yes this is for a full end to end relocation.

What do you mean by "full end to end relocation"? If you're not sure, then ask them to itemise it, then we can tell you what they're not including.

Costs you will incur:

1. Application fees for the visa

2. Air fares

3. Cost of shipping your goods

4. Cost of temporary accommodation when you arrive

5. Cost of a new car

and that's just off the top of my head.

A warning, always do lots of research on your migration agent and company, there are a lot of bad agents out there happy to take your fee's for nothing.

The company im using is emigrateaustralia.co.uk, have you heard of them?

Archived