Running out of time...

JonSmile

Hi all,

I am after a bit of advice please.

We are looking to migrate to Oz on a 189 visa as a management accountant.

I have today sent a ream of paperwork to CPA to get my skills assessment and work history and degree approved to get some points.

So if this goes well I will have

15 points for BA Hons degree

15 points for 10 yrs work history

20 points for English (IELTS done)

and 15 points for age.

Which hits the magic 65 points to lodge an EOI.

However..

I loose 15 points for age in July as I become old (45).

So as I know things move slowly I am now slightly concerned about what happens if I submit the EOI in March (assuming a positive CPA reply which will take 3 weeks from now) and then wait say 2 months to be picked I am in May before I can apply for a visa.

If this then takes 3 - 4 months to progress do I loose the 15 points and a chance of a visa, or are the points 'frozen' at the time of the EOI invitation?

Sorry for the long winded question

Thanks in advance

Jon

That is incorrect. Points are assessed at date of application.

Yes i can confirm this to be true, i ringed diac sometime back regarding this very subject. What happens is your points only matter till the point of skill select's invitation for the 189. Once invited, you are invited and thats that. Its only a issue if you fake your birthday to get the extra points at the time of application.

Also if you have 65 points, you will defs get the invite on the very first round from lodging your EOI. CPA takes 2-4 weeks i think.

So chill out you got this. :)

Hi all,

I am after a bit of advice please.

We are looking to migrate to Oz on a 189 visa as a management accountant.

I have today sent a ream of paperwork to CPA to get my skills assessment and work history and degree approved to get some points.

So if this goes well I will have

15 points for BA Hons degree

15 points for 10 yrs work history

20 points for English (IELTS done)

and 15 points for age.

Which hits the magic 65 points to lodge an EOI.

However..

I loose 15 points for age in July as I become old (45).

So as I know things move slowly I am now slightly concerned about what happens if I submit the EOI in March (assuming a positive CPA reply which will take 3 weeks from now) and then wait say 2 months to be picked I am in May before I can apply for a visa.

If this then takes 3 - 4 months to progress do I loose the 15 points and a chance of a visa, or are the points 'frozen' at the time of the EOI invitation?

Sorry for the long winded question

Thanks in advance

Jon

If you've calculated your experience points correctly, as long as you get your visa application in before your birthday in July, you have nothing to worry about as far as points are concerned.

Your points are 'frozen' at the time of application (not at time of EOI or invitation). If you submit a 65 point EOI in March, you will get an invitation in the next invitation round so you should easily be able to lodge your visa application by some time in April or certainly by June even if skills assessment takes longer than usual for some reason. Then you can just sit back and wait for the application to be processed regardless of how long it takes.

Archived