Nurse on 189 Total cost??

xelishaxcx

Hii,

im looking to start my Visa application shortly (skilled 189)

Can anyone give me a rough idea of the total cost? im a nurse and so have to also pay for my certificates to be validated aswell etc.

Any nurses out there that can give me a rough idea?

Thanks in advance =)

189 visa fee cost on immi website (depends how many ppl). ..anmac skills assesment cost on anmac website (modified is cheaper than full..depends what u need)...then ahpra application cost on ahpra website...ielts test cost (if u need it) on there website (may have to do it more than once..there is other english tests too so depends which one u go for)..medicals..depends how many ppl need one...nmc to send their part to ahpra is abt £36 I think. .getting documents certified can be from free to £25 a page..I got mine free at court house..they usually cheaper than solicitor...some ppl need to pay for academic transcript too frm their uni but mine was free...n think thats abt everything...costs change too. .just before I applied for visa they put price up so what someone paid a year ago may not be accurate now..best to research it yourself n to your individual circumstances for good estimate

Sorry don't know the current costs but bumping your post. If you look on the ANMC website, it will give you the cost of the skills assessment application, AHPRA will give you the cost of the application for registration and registration fee. It used to be 36 GBP for the NMC to give verification.

You will then have the visa cost, medicals, police checks, English test

Shop around for having certificates certified - JP's do it, I rang a few solicitors and got a good deal.

Silly question but is there a list anywhere online of all the things i need to apply for?

Im going to an Expo at the end of March so im sure i will be told all of this then but im just trying to be ontop of things coz i cant wiat till march to get the ball rolling ha

thanks xx

What kind of list? U need the things I listed already and within those things the websites will tell u the individual bits u need like statement of service, ID, qualifications, academic transcript, etc. It all starts to make sense n come together the more reading n research u do...

What you need to remember also, is that Australia in some states are finding it difficult to place graduate nurses who have qualified via their own University System and the lists can change at any time (although nursing will probably remain for some time). In the time I have been here I have seen there be a reduction in vacancies for nursing (unless like in Perth a new hospital opens - but the majority of staff have been moved from other hospitals and those other depts closed). Also, there has been a reduction in sponsorship, with a lot of jobs being advertised with 'preference given to citizens and PR'.

You will easily be looking at £7500 upwards depending on if you are on your own or have extra dependents.

For a single person the visa is around £2000

ANMAC and AHPRA £800.

Medicals £330

Police Checks £45

IELTS £145

Posting Docs £100

Certifying Docs £100-£200

Flights £800

Accommodation and living expenses for few months £1000 plus

And then all the little unexpected costs that come up like getting transcripts from university, NMC fee's, etc etc

Also, before you look into anything have you a degree or a diploma?

You will easily be looking at £7500 upwards depending on if you are on your own or have extra dependents.

For a single person the visa is around £2000

ANMAC and AHPRA £800.

Medicals £330

Police Checks £45

IELTS £145

Posting Docs £100

Certifying Docs £100-£200

Flights £800

Accommodation and living expenses for few months £1000 plus

And then all the little unexpected costs that come up like getting transcripts from university, NMC fee's, etc etc

Also, before you look into anything have you a degree or a diploma?

I havent lived in the uk so i may be wrong here, but 100-200 for certifying docs is a tad expensive. Although i did mine in singapore, certifying 10 over pages cost me around 20usd.

I think do call up a few notaries/lawyers their price varies greatly. You dont need a good lawyer, a bad one that charges peanuts will suffice as long as he has chop and ink!

Yes u can shop around..I got all mine free n my friend got all hers for £25..we went to our local courts..much cheaper than lawyers

I havent lived in the uk so i may be wrong here, but 100-200 for certifying docs is a tad expensive. Although i did mine in singapore, certifying 10 over pages cost me around 20usd.

I think do call up a few notaries/lawyers their price varies greatly. You dont need a good lawyer, a bad one that charges peanuts will suffice as long as he has chop and ink!

I have friends who have paid over £200.

I paid £65 at the magistrates (they have been increasing their prices) and then along the way realised I needed extra copies and things signing, so rather than pay £65 I went to solicitors who charge £5/£10 a page (and I went to 4 solicitors in total) so I easily think people could spend £100-£200.

Archived