Secondary Applicant - 457

Kareng638

Hi guys,

Been a little while since I've been on, in fact I think the last time was the day my 457 was granted and I am now firmly ensconced in my new job. Can't believe I've been here 3 weeks today. My question is surrounding applying for my partner to be added to my 457. My employer has confirmed that they are happy for him to be added to it. (Unfortunately we couldn't do it at the same time as mine as he needed to get his passport renewed). This has now been done and I am trying to get to grips with how I apply for him and to get to grips with how much it will be. My application was dealt with by an immigration Agent supplied by the company, but it will cost a fortune for me to ask them to do it. Can anyone point me in the right direction as all the links I find return back to an initial 457 application... He is looking to come out in July (once the dog is on his flight). It seems easier to organise that than to add my fiance.

Thanks in advance and hope everyone is well.

Hi guys,

Been a little while since I've been on, in fact I think the last time was the day my 457 was granted and I am now firmly ensconced in my new job. Can't believe I've been here 3 weeks today. My question is surrounding applying for my partner to be added to my 457. My employer has confirmed that they are happy for him to be added to it. (Unfortunately we couldn't do it at the same time as mine as he needed to get his passport renewed). This has now been done and I am trying to get to grips with how I apply for him and to get to grips with how much it will be. My application was dealt with by an immigration Agent supplied by the company, but it will cost a fortune for me to ask them to do it. Can anyone point me in the right direction as all the links I find return back to an initial 457 application... He is looking to come out in July (once the dog is on his flight). It seems easier to organise that than to add my fiance.

Thanks in advance and hope everyone is well.

He would need to apply for a subclass 457 visa as a subsequent entrant. As per Ozmaniac‘s advice, your employer will need to agree to add him to your visa. You will need to supply evidence that you meet the requirements as partners.

This is not a big application so it should not cost a fortune to use an Agent.

I have just literally been granted this very same visa and i did all the leg work and applying myself. It was very straight forward. I was onshore in Australia for all the medicals but I had to lodge offshore due to my bridging visa restrictions.

You can apply off your own immi account or he can apply from a newly created one as long as he selects 457 Subsequent Entrant and links it to your own visa's TRN number.

First things first if you are in a rush to get this visa granted you are best getting his medicals (HAP ID) and his police checks done. They may not request these items but I preferred having it all there so i wasn't left rushing around to get the documentation.

You can apply to get a HAP ID through my health declarations once you have that ID he can then go for medical at the place that is recommended. I chose bupa australia which cost around $300 in Australia im not sure about the UK. Make sure you read into it all!

You can apply for a UK police certificate here: ACRO around £80

The cost of the application off-shore was $1035 AUD

You will need to pay before you can upload the evidence.

It takes a a lot of reading but it is very straight forward.

The evidence we used in our application:

4 Page statement about our relationship signed by both of us

Joint Account Statements

Joint Electrical Bills

Separate Internet Bills with same address

Separate Telephone Bills with same address

Stat Decs (Form 888) from two people we both know

Car insurance with both names listed as drivers

Cards from Family

Valentines and birthday Cards

Wedding invitations

Bills from several Holidays we had been on (Some of these did not include both names)

We sent them a copy of our whatsapp messages together throughout a full year period (over 50 pages of text)

Over 50 photos dated with locations.

Letter from employer stating their undertaking and obligations towards the dependant applicant

Proof of Travel Insurance

Colour Scan of passport

We found that speaking with my girlfriends workplace migration agents that they were very helpful and gave us the instructions to do it ourselves without any extra cost. They also prepared the Sponsorship Obligations letter for us.

I'll be happy to forward you the email if you want.

I lodged on the 23rd Jan and was granted on the 16th Feb bare in mind I spent months perfecting the evidence.

I have just literally been granted this very same visa and i did all the leg work and applying myself. It was very straight forward. I was onshore in Australia for all the medicals but I had to lodge offshore due to my bridging visa restrictions.

You can apply off your own immi account or he can apply from a newly created one as long as he selects 457 Subsequent Entrant and links it to your own visa's TRN number.

First things first if you are in a rush to get this visa granted you are best getting his medicals (HAP ID) and his police checks done. They may not request these items but I preferred having it all there so i wasn't left rushing around to get the documentation.

You can apply to get a HAP ID through my health declarations once you have that ID he can then go for medical at the place that is recommended. I chose bupa australia which cost around $300 in Australia im not sure about the UK. Make sure you read into it all!

You can apply for a UK police certificate here: ACRO around £80

The cost of the application off-shore was $1035 AUD

You will need to pay before you can upload the evidence.

It takes a a lot of reading but it is very straight forward.

The evidence we used in our application:

We found that speaking with my girlfriends workplace migration agents that they were very helpful and gave us the instructions to do it ourselves without any extra cost. They also prepared the Sponsorship Obligations letter for us.

I'll be happy to forward you the email if you want.

I lodged on the 23rd Jan and was granted on the 16th Feb bare in mind I spent months perfecting the evidence.

In most cases for UK applicants medicals and police clearances are not required. The OP has stated that they are trying to save money yet the cost of medicals and Police clearances would be as much as using an Agent to lodge the application.

The list of documents that you have suggested is way over the top for a 457 subsequent entrant application. It would even be excessive for a partner visa application.

Like I said that was from my own personal experience, i preferred to have everything at hand as I was in a rush to get back to Australia where my partner is. Better to have to much than too little. It's good hearing that, as we will be applying for a 186 eventually so these documents will come in use again.

Thanks guys, great advice, I have asked him to get his police certificate anyway. As everything was done for me by an agent employed by employer I haven't even looked at my immi account Sounds like the first place for me to start. Really appreciate all your advice. Ironically it is costing me more to get my dog to Oz than my fiance :), but he's worth it!

This is the information we received from our migration agent.

To lodge ***** visa application online, you will first need to create an ImmiAccount (if you do not already have one) or log into your existingImmiAccount at http://www.immi.gov.au/Services/Pages/immiaccount.aspx. Once you have created/logged into your account, click on the“New application” link in the top left-hand corner. Please then select the “Temporary Work Skilled Visa (Subsequent Entrant) (457)” application link – it is very important this is the link used. Please see relevant screen snapshots below (instructions continue below the two pictures).

?ui=2&ik=6f659aed1e&view=fimg&th=14a2e11271116876&attid=0.0.1&disp=emb&realattid=7376470f5d088d7b_0.0.3&attbid=ANGjdJ9VoKXiRQiOVqlyNUhD9lqx8jjD-pf5G5V9kXu3mGdSf2R1plbn1macW3R7WbgJZQFPu1wLWMDJDC1V-GN8q_CoXlaDrlcCiB8bpcGcZXR0OOxjwASxMnEtLHs&sz=w1120-h492&ats=1424276538274&rm=14a2e11271116876&zw&atsh=1

?ui=2&ik=6f659aed1e&view=fimg&th=14a2e11271116876&attid=0.0.3&disp=emb&realattid=7376470f5d088d7b_0.0.1&attbid=ANGjdJ-PsoYTzHKUNjoi0C7mjmL2IG7xdQm8p5jRUQ_H9zkDwMV_hwzU2fpkcAItLWzeuF9Pi68EcsGoGuHweXKFcH2NOalwXWwwiX-5LRRMinjDGYITsP3XHfc4InU&sz=w1544-h824&ats=1424276538274&rm=14a2e11271116876&zw&atsh=1

You will need your 457 visa grant email/letter and passport information as well as *****’s information for the application.

The current visa application charge is $1,035 per adult applicant and $260 per child under the age of 18 years. You will need to pay this online using a credit card, debit Visa or debit MasterCard at the time of lodgement. A credit card surcharge will be payable:

• Visa and MasterCard - 1.08%
  • American Express and JCB - 1.99%
  • Diners Club International - 2.91%

Once you have lodged the visa application, you will progress to a screen where you can download your receipt, download a copy of your application and attach documents. Please attach colour or certified copies of *****’s passport, birth certificate, evidence of de facto relationship and evidence that he has workers/visitors health insurance or Medicare cover. You can also attach documents at a later date by going back to the above website address and logging into your account.

MEDICAL EXAMINATIONS

***** may also need to undertake medicals (if not already done in the past 12 months). Once you have lodged *****’s 457 visa application, you will need to complete his medical history online. The link for completion of the Health Declaration is called “Organise your health examinations” and can be found in the “Next Steps” section of the visa application.

Once you have completed and submitted the Health Declaration online, if medicals are required, please download and print the eMedical referral letter provided and visit the Bupa Medical Visa Services (BMVS) website at www.bupamvs.com.au to find the nearest location of a BMVS doctor if your dependant/s are in Australia. Appointments can be booked through this website or by calling 1300 794 919. To complete medicals outside of Australia, please go to http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/panel-doctors/ to find the nearest Panel Physician. Please have ***** take the eMedical referral letter and his passport with him to his medicals.

Any applicants who are outside of Australia will also need to obtain a Polio Vaccination Certificate if they have spent 28 days or longer since 5 May 2014 in any of the following countries, or a combination of these countries:

· Afghanistan

· Cameroon

· Equatorial Guinea

· Ethiopia

· Iraq

· Israel

· Nigeria

· Pakistan

· Somalia

· Syria

I'm sure this will be of some help to you as it was a great starting point for me.

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

thank you so much for you advice, I have finally got everything together ready to get it submitted, I've set up an Immi Account but now that I am editing his application so that I can upload all the supporting docs but I am putting my visa grant number in and now it is saying it can't find me!!! Grrr getting so frustrated. I have tried the following:Application TRN, Sponsorship approval number, sponsorship TRN, Nomination approval number, nomination TRN... what am I missing??????? Aarrghh for anyone who has done it before, please help! I swear its been easier importing the dog, who's flight is already booked lol!

Thanks

K

• 2 months later...

Been a while but wanted to say thanks to everyone for their advice, visa was granted within 4 weeks, so now just sorting out flights...once we've tied up a few things back in the YK... 6 months of peach and quiet for me lol!

• 2 years later...
On 18/02/2015 at 04:49, Raul Senise said:

He would need to apply for a subclass 457 visa as a subsequent entrant. As per Ozmaniac‘s advice, your employer will need to agree to add him to your visa. You will need to supply evidence that you meet the requirements as partners.

This is not a big application so it should not cost a fortune to use an Agent.

Hi Raul,

I am on 457 Visa and it's been about 6 weeks I am here in Australia. My Employer is postponing the subsequent (My Wife) entrant visa issue and I am guessing they are not willing to give me the Secondary Applicant Sponsoring Letter. If they refuse to give the sponsoring letter then what can I do?

Your help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks in Advance!

Archived