Moving to Bundaberg (June)

EvaHU

Hi All! I'm from Hungary and with my husband we will move to Bundaberg in June. Can you describe a bit how is the city like? How is the life going there? I have a job already but my hubby doesn't. Is it difficult to find a job there? Thanks! Eva

Thanks for the answers guys, it's a big help for us. My hubby's profession is mainly master data specialized in SAP, supply and logistic. I really hope that he would find something. We are aware of the flooding now we're looking for a house in Bargara...

One more question: Do you know if there is a possibility to play badminton in Bundaberg? This is my hobby and I don't want to give up. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Eva

I live in Bundaberg and have been here since 2010, sorry to say it is a nightmare getting work unless you are highly skilled, i.e. Electrician or fitter and even then there is little to no work. I don't ever get a response for any jobs I apply for :(. Also in regards to the flooding, there are plenty of flood free areas in Bundaberg. I do hope your parter does get work Check out Seek.com.au and Indeed.com.au

Thanks

Mag

Thanks Mag for your reply. In the end we decided not to move to Bundaberg because of my husband. So, we will settle down in the north part of Brisbane and I will try to fulfill my job from there... We'll see. Anyway, I think it's not easy at all to make the right choice from Hungary, we need to get there and see how things are working.

Eva

• 3 weeks later...
In the end we decided not to move to Bundaberg because of my husband.

One of the main problems with Bundy is the "small town attitude", although it is actually quite a big town with suburbs stretching out. And by this I mean, true blue born and breed locals get jobs first. The only way around this is "not what you know but who you know", or do a sought after job like being a chef or nurse. Or tomato and fruit picking with the backpackers.

Thanks Mag for your reply. In the end we decided not to move to Bundaberg because of my husband. So, we will settle down in the north part of Brisbane and I will try to fulfill my job from there... We'll see. Anyway, I think it's not easy at all to make the right choice from Hungary, we need to get there and see how things are working.

Eva

You do realise how far that commute will be. From central Brisbane it is over 4 hours. Even from North it is going to be about 3 each way. That would be 6 hours travel per day. Assuming there are no hold ups.

Archived