Just done in

Sandsmuir

Yesterday we were running around like excited kids as we believed we were days away from our visa being granted.

today we are wrecked because we have been told by our agent that there has been no movement at all since we got our CO on the 20/01/15

all stemmed from our first look at our immi account where it said all our health requirements have been finalised. We ran round the forums to see what this means and it seemed that this way the last hurdle and a green light after 14 months waiting was imminent.

but no, That statement is misleading, according to our agent, that statement just means that WE have finalised our part by completing the medicals and they have been uploaded on to our account.

basically our application has not been looked at since the 20th Jan and we have no idea when it will get looked or how long the case officer may take. Its a cruel cruel process this!

Were you requested by your CO for your medicals or did you Upload them before requested ? When we were requested our medicals by our case officer it was our final hurdle and has soon as they were finalised so was our visa .

We were requested by the CO to go ahead and get our medicals and police checks. We completed them on the 26th and they were uploaded within a day or 2 of that.

we ecpected my wifes to be referred so when we saw she had been finalised we thought, Yes (que fist pump) but it seems that is just a default message on the immi account which will be changed when the CO gets round to looking at the application. They have not looked since 20th Jan so they have not even seen that the medicals and police checks are uploaded already!

I guess youve done all you can now but wait unfortunately ...good news on your wifes medical though ..no referral so thats good news ...each case is different and I guess each each case officer too ...I would imagine it wont be too long before you hear now ..good luck and as they say 'good things come to those that wait '

Thanks beddy for the sentiment, appreciate it a lot!

We dont know if my wife has been referred or not yet, probably not as the last update was 20th Jan but the medicals went on after that so the CO has not seen them yet to decide if they need referring or not! Just makes the "finalised" wording on the immi account confusing!

The waiting game is a hard one....we've all been there. Torture:mad:

it will all come together :wink: use this time to do as much research on where you plan to live and what's about. Check out the housing, the local shops, the nearest beaches. This is what I used to do, you can loose hours, days even.

good luck with the move.

fi x

We dont know if my wife has been referred or not yet, probably not as the last update was 20th Jan but the medicals went on after that so the CO has not seen them yet to decide if they need referring or not! Just makes the "finalised" wording on the immi account confusing!

hi, So are you saying youve all ready been waiting 14 months since applying? When were you asked to take meds, what visa is it and what country are you applying from?

hi, So are you saying youve all ready been waiting 14 months since applying? When were you asked to take meds, what visa is it and what country are you applying from?

Started the process 14 months ago. 2 resits on the dreaded ielts. Vettasses held up the process further by taking 14 weeks to give a positive result but qld dropped the skill we were aplying under from their list 3 days before vetasses finally issued their results. So we had to wait for a state to put our skill on their list. A few months later qld put the skill back on their lists and we went straight in on a skills based state sponsored 489 visa. We are applying from the UK. CO appointed 20th Jan, We were asked to get meds by agent folowing email to them from CO on 20th Jan, done on 26th and uploaded on 28th. Police checks done and in too.

Guest The Pom Queen
Yeh, done that and was told the bad news above!

Hang in there, you are still very close. Ours was years ago now. It I think it was around 5 weeks from the medicals that the visa came through and that was with mine being refered.

The CO plays no role in deciding if your medicals need referring - this is all done by the MOC, if the medicals are showing finalised then they will have been passed by the MOC and uploaded on to your file.

Until your CO looks at your application again nothing else will happen. CO give people 28 days to arrange medicals and police checks since that was just 3 wks ago they prob won't look at your file until the 28 days are up.

this is the statement at the bottom of each persons info block in our immi account

Meeting the health requirement

Health has been finalised for this person for this visa subclass based on the information provided to the department. If this person needs to do anything further to meet the health requirement, they will be contacted by the department. There is no need to contact the department at this time concerning this matter.

seems a bit confusing, I guess it depends on how you read it!

I have the same statement on my application page, it also says ,medical evidence - required' on the documents page. I was unsure if they has been uploaded by the doctor yet. Does s mean they have been uploaded? I've not had a CO assigned to my account yet so to me it just means it's been uploaded.....

Started the process 14 months ago. 2 resits on the dreaded ielts. Vettasses held up the process further by taking 14 weeks to give a positive result but qld dropped the skill we were aplying under from their list 3 days before vetasses finally issued their results. So we had to wait for a state to put our skill on their list. A few months later qld put the skill back on their lists and we went straight in on a skills based state sponsored 489 visa. We are applying from the UK. CO appointed 20th Jan, We were asked to get meds by agent folowing email to them from CO on 20th Jan, done on 26th and uploaded on 28th. Police checks done and in too.

We are in a similar boat.

Medicals finalized on 15th January after referral of mine. Last update on our immi account is 8th January. Now been three months since the application went in. Waiting is terrible. Constantly wondering if it is going to happen and have we made a mistake.

We are in a similar boat.

Medicals finalized on 15th January after referral of mine. Last update on our immi account is 8th January. Now been three months since the application went in. Waiting is terrible. Constantly wondering if it is going to happen and have we made a mistake.

How long did it take to finalise your medical after it was referred please. My partner has had medical complications lately so kinda thinking we'll get referred now.

The CO plays no role in deciding if your medicals need referring - this is all done by the MOC, if the medicals are showing finalised then they will have been passed by the MOC and uploaded on to your file.

Until your CO looks at your application again nothing else will happen. CO give people 28 days to arrange medicals and police checks since that was just 3 wks ago they prob won't look at your file until the 28 days are up.

If you are right then I am going to be very very happy. Its seems that the multitude of people on here believe that Finalised means finalised, yet my agent insists that we are all wrong in that assumption. I have since spoken to the hospital where we did our medicals to see if they knew where the files were uploaded to, they dont, but would love to know! The Aus Emmbassy web site says they are uploaded directly to the CO, just to add confusion! The 28 days we were given runs out on the 17th feb unless its 28 working days which takes it to the 27th feb, again we can find out which 1 it is! All adds to the pain! Lol!

i so want to believe what the general opinion is but our agent has us so on edge that we can fail at any point we dare not let ourselves believe it might happen!

Archived