ANZ Account

PommyPaul

Its 5 months almost to the day till i'll be starting life downunder and i think its about time i started considering opening a current account in oz and start keeping a closer eye on exchange rates!

I'm 99% decided on an anz account, whats everyones views on anz compared to the other aussie banks?

Guest Jaynie

We have banked with Commonwealth (when we first arrived a long time ago) and for years we have banked with St George, they were the only ones who happily gave us a Mortgage even on just the letter I had from my employer and I hadn't started the job at the time! I find them to be really good, we don't pay transaction fees because of our Mortgage, so you might want to check them out too.

Guest mandy1

Hi

We have an account with Westpac and hae found it very easy to use. We opened it before our arrival in Perth and we have internet banking and a debit card and also a savings account. Can't speak for ANZ but I can recommend the Westpac.

Mandy x

Guest Sharon1

Hi, we opened with ANZ before we came over in February and we've had so many problems with them that we changed to Suncorp last week. We ended up with 3 accounts but only opened 1 and were being charged for them. They put the wrong door number on documents coming to us . Gave them our tax file number so we weren't charged tax still got charged and I have now got to chase this up in June. Deposit books came with the wrong name twice and the worst one was waiting 2 months for a cheque book and going in to see them on 5 separate occassions and being told it would take 5 working days which never happened. On top of that we were told just before we closed the account that the cheque book hadn't been ordered properly and we would never have received it. Our cheque book with Suncorp came within a week. You might be lucky but I would never recommend them to any-one. Sharon

Thanks for all the replies and the link gizmo!

I need to do a bit more research i think, i did send an email to the anz email address that is setup especially for us in the uk wanting to migrate to Oz and open accounts before we go, asked them a few simple questions and didn't really get a very helpful reply at all.

Archived