UK Passport renewal from Oz - any experiences?

KirkyG

Hi all

Apologies if posting in the wrong place.

My UK passport is nearly full to the brim of stamps. I am aware that you can no longer apply for extra pages, therefore I have to apply for a replacement passport.

The new system is that all passports have to be sent back to the UK which takes a minimum of 6 weeks (prob much longer) so I can either post back to the UK and not travel in the meantime (I travel a lot for work) or option B is I will be in the UK in 3 weeks and was considering making an appointment for an emergency one. Will this cause problems on my re-entrance to Australia (I am a PR)?

Cheers

I renewed mine recently. Filled in the on-line form. Paid for it and sent the photos and my old (well it still had 3 months 'til expiry date) passport and photos off to Liverpool UK. It took 5 weeks to process and send. You will probably be best to have yours done when you are over in the UK. You will have to get your residency visa transferred to your new passport.

I renewed mine recently. Filled in the on-line form. Paid for it and sent the photos and my old (well it still had 3 months 'til expiry date) passport and photos off to Liverpool UK. It took 5 weeks to process and send. You will probably be best to have yours done when you are over in the UK. You will have to get your residency visa transferred to your new passport.

Yeah took about a month for mine but over the Christmas period, was very happy at the quick turnaround

We were really surprised and pleased at how quick the turnaround was when we ordered a British passport online. I think it's faster for people overseas because I know people in the UK who have waited the entire course of their natural lives for passports to arrive...

Hi all

My UK passport is nearly full to the brim of stamps. I am aware that you can no longer apply for extra pages, therefore I have to apply for a replacement passport.

The new system is that all passports have to be sent back to the UK which takes a minimum of 6 weeks (prob much longer) so I can either post back to the UK and not travel in the meantime (I travel a lot for work) or option B is I will be in the UK in 3 weeks and was considering making an appointment for an emergency one. Will this cause problems on my re-entrance to Australia (I am a PR)?

Cheers

After you get your new passport, you should submit a Form 929 Change of Address and/or passport details. If you have a label in your old passport and the passport is returned to you, you could travel without doing a 929 but would need to carry the old and new passport. Better to do the 929.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/929.pdf

After you get your new passport, you should submit a Form 929 Change of Address and/or passport details. If you have a label in your old passport and the passport is returned to you, you could travel without doing a 929 but would need to carry the old and new passport. Better to do the 929.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/929.pdf

Thanks Ozmaniac

I did mine a few months ago.

Just book an appointment at a Post Office (not all do them, so check first) and they'll make sure the application is all filled out correctly then send it off on your behalf.

Mine returned within about 2-3 weeks as I recall.

Pretty certain they don't do that now (though it is how we did ours a couple of years back) you need to get on to the British Gov web site, down load the forms and send completed forms and other documents direct to UK. No Aus post office involvement, except maybe for getting photo's done.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, quick question for you!! I'm slightly confused with the renewal process. I've completed my online form, and have my photos and old passport ready to send to Liverpool, did you get your photos countersigned? And do we need a countersignature........there is nowhere on the form to get a countersignature? My old passport is 10 years old, Im not unrecognisable, just a bit older!!! I can tell its me, but who makes that decision??

Hi, quick question for you!! I'm slightly confused with the renewal process. I've completed my online form, and have my photos and old passport ready to send to Liverpool, did you get your photos countersigned? And do we need a countersignature........there is nowhere on the form to get a countersignature? My old passport is 10 years old, Im not unrecognisable, just a bit older!!! I can tell its me, but who makes that decision??

No, you don't need to get photos countersigned for renewals.

NWM

Anyone know which office we need to send to? I couldn't find the address when I filled in the online forms...... It was probably staring me in the face lol.

Its at the top of page 3, just under the car code: -

Return this page to: Her Majesty's Passport Office (OML-OVS), 101 Old Hall Street, Liverpool, L3 9BP, UK.

We recently done done ours online then posted them off. We received the old one back after 2 weeks and the new one followed a week later :-)

Hi all

Cheers

• 1 month later...

So the 6 week turn around as a minimum is just to cover themselves?

I find myself in an awkward situation, my passport expires in August this year, my wife booked a "surprise" no refund EVER holiday for the 11th May. So if it's likely to be under 6 weeks, no worries. However if there is a backlog etc, I was looking at options. My wife is flying back to the UK next week, so I called the Passport office to see if she could pay the "Premium service" and get it done in a day if I filled out the forms/signed etc, but no as:

"3 I am, today, in the country of application and will be at the timeof issue."

So I guess it's time to complete the online application, print and sign the declaration, then give the documents to my wife so she can either drop it off at the passport office in Liverpool or post it from the UK...

Joys.

I've just done my kids passports..... a rough timeline

13th Feb filled in the online forms.

27th Feb actually sent the stuff to Liverpool.

10th Mar new passports created.

13th Mar txt from DHL to confirm delivery this end.

16th Mar passports in my hand.....

Hope that helps a little.

I've just done my kids passports..... a rough timeline

13th Feb filled in the online forms.

27th Feb actually sent the stuff to Liverpool.

10th Mar new passports created.

13th Mar txt from DHL to confirm delivery this end.

16th Mar passports in my hand.....

Hope that helps a little.

Yes that is quite helpful, there maybe hope yet!

Will call the consulate on Tuesday, then pending the outcome of that call, process the online app and send the documents ASAP.

Archived