new med forms?

Jackboots

Hi just had email from agent to say the new medical forms are in from april 26th, any one no anything is it more hoops to jump through, or will it be simpler? those who have done them are ok waiting for them to be sent out, just wondered if any info out there? oops must dash, 18 month old daughter doing andrex puppy impression!!:arghh:

oh no what will they have us do now!!! i dread to think if anyone else has heard anything please please let us know and put us both at ease!

Hi, May not be the answer you want but.... we did medicals 4/5 week back.

dr Million in manchester, when we phoned..reception said to make sure we downloaded new forms because some agent were sending out old ones!

Our had Design note 01 /08 on btm of page..and these were the "new" ones and accepted by Medical centre.

Maybe a date check will help.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Sharon

The forms that I have provided the links for are dated 04/08. They were not released until Saturday 26th April 2008.

Lanky Lad used the correct forms when his own meds were done.

DIAC are gradually moving towards a system which will enable them to process all meds electronically, but there are quite a few teething problems with it still. For instance, a lot of hospitals are moving away from producing x-rays on traditional plates. Modern practice is to store them on CDs. Also, if meds can be done electronically then they can be zapped to Oz instantly insted of messing around with the post, couriers etc.

Plus the howl in both the Australian & UK Civil Service departments is that storing reams of paper is a fire hazard as well as very unfair on the trees. (The latter being a rich claim from the one group of people who seem to have more of a passion for printing and hoarding unnecessary amounts of paper than anyone else on the planet!)

They are gradually moving towards on line processing of visa applications as well. For the moment, the main thrust seems to be to make paper forms scanner-friendly. I've no idea about what pleases a scanner, but apparently coloured shading round the edges of a form upsets scanners.

Much of the time the content of a DIAC document do not change but the business with the scanners (and I guess constant improvements in document scanning technology) seem to dictate frequent changes to the various forms.

Best wishes

Gill

"The forms that I have provided the links for are dated 04/08. They were not released until Saturday 26th April 2008.

Lanky Lad used the correct forms when his own meds were done.

Gill"

We had our medicals done on 28th April but were using the 01/08 form. (We didn't know that there is a new version). Will DIAC accept ours?:skeptical:

regards,

Simon

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Simon

Yes, they will accept the earlier forms. Don't worry about it. When you consider how long it takes to complete the forms for a family of 4, they know it is unreasonable to insist that only the most up to date versions will do.

Bear in mind that only last week, COs will have been sending out forms to people with requests to get their meds done. Those won't be the newest forms, either.

I am pretty sure that the recent tweaking of the meds forms is to do with the move towards dong meds electronically eventually rather than anything else.

The medical criteria have not changed and there have been no "benchmark" court cases in the last couple of years which would lead to an alteration to the meds forms.

DIAC has an entire department which does nothing beyond constantly reviewing and revising the various forms. I guess the department has to justify its existence!

Cheers

Gill

hi thanks for that, just got the new forms through today, so far there seems not much change, to us. think my main worry was that they would introduce more test ie fitness !! ARGHHHHHHH. also the paper trail on this journey fills me with horror anyway, not our strong point! so i suppose if its something that speeds up the process, i think this is good, well i hope this is a good thing.

Hi All,

Just a slide away from med forms etc,.

Having just submitted meds to Sydney..... before long we expect the request for AOS bond.

From the request - what time frame is given for payment to be made?

Also, many of us expected to have sold house and be sitting in Oz on a 12 month visa.... but the house sales are "worrying" a little....we are having to set up contingency to pay for visa before we sell the the property...so it raises the question...from grant and paid in full CP visa, how long to validate it?

TIA

LL

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi LL

They gave us 90 days to get the Assurance of Support into place. I think the POPC realise that it can involve a lot of to-ing and fro-ing with Centrelink, and the Assurer can't start the ball rolloing with Centrelink till the CO asks you to organise the AoS. The CO writes to your Agent with a letter to pass to your Assurer, and my sister was told that Centrelink would require sight of the original letter, signed by the CO.

So if you need to "stretch" the timescale, let it all happen in its own sweet time. It is prudent to run through the requirements with your Assurer, though, sp that s.he will know what to expect. Please see the links below:

Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - News

Assurance of Support

The Assurer will need to complete Form SU594 which you can download from the Centrelink site.

Have you and your wife completed Form 80 yet? If not, the POPC always ask for it, you need to do one each, it is a nightmare and it is here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/80.pdf

Mum was 85 so I thought, "Surely to god they won't ask for Form 80 from her?" Oh yes they did!

When the visa is granted, the letter will say, "All persons named below must enter Australia by dd/mm/yyyy," or words to this effect. The date given is the Initial Entry Date. The IED is usually 12 months after the earlier if the dates on the police checks or the meds. Making the Initial Entry validates the visa - ie crystallises it and clinches it.

YOu do not have to move to Oz at that stage. A short rekky visit will do as long as you enteer Ox before the deadline expires.

Once the visa is validated, you have 5 years from the date of the grant of the visa in which to make your permanent move to Oz. It is not 5 years from the date when you validate the visa.

However, the POPC are hugely accommodating. If you need a time extension for any reasonn, request it because they are nearly always happy to oblige. By now I should think that plenty of British Parents have told the POPC staff about the dire slowness of the UK domestic property market at present, too.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest fergie family

Hi Gill

We got our medical forms about 4 weeks ago from our agent and it says on the bottom of the form 2008. We are not going for our medicals until july. Can you tell me if we can still use these forms or will I have to get new ones from my agent.

Thanks

Susan

Hi Gill,

Thanks again for quality reply.

We submitted form 80 + extra pages re siblings with our application.

Hopefully, the "Spring Rush" on house purchase will kick in the next few weeks. Although I dont have much confidence.

After all the waiting for our "kids" to qualify the 2 year "rule" and watching the process time getting longer and longer...jus as we get to the starting gate...... cannot sell house! SO we have geared to being here at least another 12 months and hope that this time next year, the housing market and "Financial Crunch" will be over and sales will be on the move..... if they aint - Houston..we have a problem.

So far we are £25k down and look like having to reduce more. Bang goes the pool and a new Holden!

I take it we are not alone in this situation?

L. L.

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi Gill

We got our medical forms about 4 weeks ago from our agent and it says on the bottom of the form 2008. We are not going for our medicals until july. Can you tell me if we can still use these forms or will I have to get new ones from my agent.

Thanks

Susan

Hi Susan

I wouldn't think they will change the meds forms yet again between now and July, and it probably wouldn't matter if you used the forms supplied by your Agent.

If it were me, though, I'd use the latest version simply because I know it exists.

I believe in humouring DIAC if you can do so without undue stress to yourself!

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi LL

What is your take on when Brown will call a General Election?

I think Middle England's general dissatisfaction with pathetic pay rises, falling house price, soaring energy bills, the credit crunch, idiotic levels of council tax in return for insufficient rubbish collection puts Gordon on a wicket to hopeless that he might as well not bother to put the bails on the stumps.

Would it actually kill him to kick-start the housing market? Put the nil rate band of Stamp Duty up to £250K and !% for everything above that would do MUCH to get Middle England to forgive a lot of the rest, I suspect.

Stamp Duty is pure bunce, too, because solicitors collect it for them for free. It is a Greed Tax if ever there was one and Our Leader would do well to remember that his predecessor came across much better on telly, as does Cameron, than does the present incumbent.

I reckon he's going to have to spend a year cheering voters up if he doesn't want severe punishment at the polls. Doesn't he have to call an election sometime in 2009? I'm not sure.

Cheers

Gill

The "2 year rule" as I described it - is the timeline from "kids" entering Oz on their visa and 2 years on, after they prove they are"settled" have jobs, home etc.

Only after that can a CPV be submitted.

So the parents wait is 2 years + application process which was about 15 months before the lockdown.

Why they cannot allow an application after 12 months PR by kids and grant after two year and proof of being "settled" beats me.

But Oz immigration runs on tram tracks...... when you look at the state of immigration in UK.. which system seems best, - even if it does rob us Gerry Hat tricks of a good year in the sun!

Guest fergie family
Hi Susan

I wouldn't think they will change the meds forms yet again between now and July, and it probably wouldn't matter if you used the forms supplied by your Agent.

If it were me, though, I'd use the latest version simply because I know it exists.

I believe in humouring DIAC if you can do so without undue stress to yourself!

Best wishes

Gill

Hi

Thanks Gill I will probably get the newer forms just to be on the safe side.

Susan

What is your take on when Brown will call a General Election?

Well he aint no Lemming! He has just made a big U turn on tax.... I am basically A-poltical, in that they are all in it for wages..not public service. Some are better than other- but in minute amounts..like a gnats..... wotsit.

My thoughts are labour will go the distance - and be replaced by Cameron.

By which time I hope to be voting for the republic of Oz.

When I get there "Home" will be somewhere north Sydney, not "back in the UK". My only consession to being an ex-brit..will be Man United and likely the England team..so that makes me a two faced sod I suppose.

I love Oz...but footballers they ainT!

Don't put money on GB being anywhere in Government - except as a sticker on official cars!

Guest 7gotooz

Hi

We attended our Meds on 4th April 08 & they were posted to Oz on 9th April 08 with our Xrays & pathollogy reports. They were received in Sydney on 18th April 08 & on 30th April we have received an email stating -

thanks for your 2 x Xray films & can you now send all other forms/reports within 28 days

OMG OMG OMG

They did not receive any of our paper work! - only the two Xray films

We are a family of 6 ( 2x adults & 4 x Kids - so quite a lot of paper work missing!!!)

we sent the correct forms for 4th April 08 - we have now today (1st May 08) redone our XRays (£80) & are having resent photocopies of our Medical reports & blood tests (£70ish for courier) - so our meds are arriving in Oz approx 10th May 08 - but they are copies of our "old" forms from 4th April 08 ?????

Please dont let it be that we now are submitting the wrong forms because our paper works was lost between London & Sydney?

Regards

Rachel

Archived