looking for couple with kids friends in redcliffe

Hi all,

We're in Redcliffe, Brisbane and are looking for friends to meet and eventually to do family day trips, card nights, drink nights and to basically just to hang out with, lol. We're 32 and 38 and have a 2 year old girl and 4 year old boy. We both work a lot and have always seemed to be busy and haven't really stopped to make friends as such, now a few years of being in Australia has gone by and we'd like to have friends to do bbq's with, etc. We're both originally from London and have been in Australia approximately 6 years.

Hope to speak soon. :)

Oh and we're pretty normal and down to earth, although the kids seem like they're from a different planet sometimes lol.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all

Jim mentioned the next get-together: this Saturday 18th April. BYO food, drinks, chairs. Free electric bbqs available. Parkside Park/bbq area, Aurora Boulevard, North Lakes (by the roundabout). PM me if you have specific questions/queries. Organised by OH & me who came a few years ago and know what it can feel like in the first year or 3. About 10 families (with and without children). Get to know a few people and start to make friendships and networks.

• 2 months later...

Hello KatyMac

Keep in touch then, because there'll be another get-together about Sept/Oct and you'd be very welcome. We did it a few years ago, knowing nobody and it can be a scary/frustrating/tiring start to your new adventure.

• 1 month later...

Hi Tiff82 Im in Narangba been here 5 1/2 years. Have a girl 14 and boy 9 so our kids might be too old but if you're interested in a meet up Im happy. I work weird shifts as a nurse and at uni at the moment and husband is a 9 - 5 guy. But he loves poker nights, meet up with a drink or two and days out. PM me if you're interested.

• 2 weeks later...