Bricklayer moving to wa this year

Dan ogorman

Hi everyone,

me and my wife and 2 boys are looking to move to Western Australia this year, I'm a bricklayer and need help to know what the wages are so I can start working out what properties/cars we can afford etc... Any information will be great.

Happy Australia Day

Hi Chris, Stilck it in google and have a look at the jobs advertised on seek.au. From what I can see average hourly rate is just under $30ph so on a 40hr working week I would say a yearly salary of $62400 - there is a site that works out your take home pay http://www.paycalculator.com.au/ so have a quick look at that. Hope this helps, tho I'm sure there will be working brickies that will come back to you with more accurate rates xx

Guest geordie joe
Hi everyone,

me and my wife and 2 boys are looking to move to Western Australia this year, I'm a bricklayer and need help to know what the wages are so I can start working out what properties/cars we can afford etc... Any information will be great.

Happy Australia Day

Hi

I can't help with the wages question, but I found this post very useful when looking at day to day living costs in WA.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/western-australia/178240-realistic-cost-living-perth-5.html

regards

Joe

Hey mate I'm a bricklayer in Mandurah WA don't worry about anything if your prepared to work hard and most of all turn up 5 days a week you will be fine ,been here two years and doing great,got a wife and a 3 year old they have a great life wages are all over depends on how many hours you work but even the lowest are enough to get by .let me no where your moving if anywhere near us always help a fellow bricky

Hi

I can't help with the wages question, but I found this post very useful when looking at day to day living costs in WA.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/western-australia/178240-realistic-cost-living-perth-5.html

regards

Joe

Thanks everyone its all really useful every thing helps,

gilbo I may take you up on that we haven't decided where to go in wa, been trying to look to see where there is the most work quite hard seems like there are jobs all over. I have an uncle in Bunbury so was thinking near there. But nothing is decided yet.

Thanks again guys

Hey mate I'm a bricklayer in Mandurah WA don't worry about anything if your prepared to work hard and most of all turn up 5 days a week you will be fine ,been here two years and doing great,got a wife and a 3 year old they have a great life wages are all over depends on how many hours you work but even the lowest are enough to get by .let me no where your moving if anywhere near us always help a fellow bricky

I know a senior director in the construction industry who says at the moment there is a genuine shortage of bricklayers in WA, at a BBQ the other night over a few drinks he was reminiscing his days as a brickie in UK earning 200 sterling per 1000 bricks laid, he was saying he's been told there are brickie's here earning $2 per brick laid, possibly an urban myth but at the moment brick layers are in demand which should mean great earning opportunities!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there, my husband is a brick layer and we've been to visit bunbury when we first came over but did not seem a lot of work there, mandurah how ever has a shortage of brickies. You need to get your bricks in at least 400 bricks a day, forget about tidy brickwork here you need to throw them in. My husband had trouble at first as he was a general builder back in uk, so lacked the speed. In his first year he only made $28,000, he gets now about $4,000 a month. Once you've learned how things are done here its quite easy to set up your own team as there is plenty of work here or become a supervisor which most brits end up doing because of the heat. Mandurah is a great place to live we love it here. Good luck with every thing:smile:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Dan . I came out 2 years ago. There is a shortage of brickies here.when you first come go on gumtree . You'll get work straightaway. What you will find as is the way in construction everywhere, Guys will set you on but will offer to pay around 250 a day to start. This is low. On average brickies are doing around 400 a day but it's hard work staring at 6 o'clock in 40 degrees in summer,Make sure you agree by email or text your pay as many I found change there initial agreement. Payment is usually fortnightly. There are some that are looking for freshies off the plane to exploit as I found. You can generally suss them out. Most of the guys I know who came as brickies choose to do other work as I did. Good luck mate

Thanks jgt I often look online at jobs seems a couple are paying $400 a day, will def confirm before thanks for the advice. Is there much price work out there that's all I do over here the money is so good at the moment. Do you think a family of 4 can live ok on a bricklayers wage. What is it your doing now?

Colin if that does happen I'll be on first plan home I get more than that in £s here.

Any certain location in wa where there is the most work we haven't decided on what suburb to move to yet?

Archived