Seeking perarment residency (roof tiler by trade)

joshtiss

hi guys

im 22years old currently in Brisbane on a holiday working visa.

im a roof tiler/ slater by trade with 5 years exp, I have minor exp n roof plumbing

roof tiliing or slater isn't on the skills list.

im wanting to get my permeant residency here in Australia

just wondering if anyone can help me out and give me some advice on what to do, I don't care where I have to live in oz aslong as I stay here I love every place ive been too

much appreciated

I don't suppose you have an Aussie partner?

There isn't a way for everyone to stay I'm afraid. You would need a job either on the sol or the csol to have a chance. And to pass the skills assessment for one of those you generally need a few years of experience AFTER qualifying or finishing apprenticeships.

Roof tiler (333311) is on the CSOL which means that it is an eligible occupation, but only for employer or state sponsored visas.

A couple of states (SA & TAS) are willing to sponsor the occupation but state sponsored visas are points tested so you would need to be able to get a positive skills assessment and for that, you will need qualifications and post qualification work experience. You will also need to meet any other requirements imposed by the state in question which may include needing a job offer AND, you also need 60 points on the points test including the 5 points you get for state sponsorship for a permanent 190 visa or the 10 for a provisional 489.

http://www.tradesrecognitionaustralia.gov.au/Programs/Migration/Pages/default.aspx Skills assessment

Otherwise, you will need to find an eligible employer who is willing to sponsor you for an employer sponsored visa which will probably have to be a temporary 457 for the first couple of years

hi guys

im 22years old currently in Brisbane on a holiday working visa.

im a roof tiler/ slater by trade with 5 years exp, I have minor exp n roof plumbing

roof tiliing or slater isn't on the skills list.

im wanting to get my permeant residency here in Australia

just wondering if anyone can help me out and give me some advice on what to do, I don't care where I have to live in oz aslong as I stay here I love every place ive been too

much appreciated

You should seek advice about what you need to do to obatin a pre-migration skills assessment and you should take advice about the requirenments of the states that currently have your occupation on their list for state nomintion.

Hi joshtiss

i got a 190 visa for roof tiling I got my state sponsorship with South Australia

the most difficult part is getting your skills assessed by the TRA what level qualification have you got?

I had to get a Australian certificate 111 I'm off to work now but any questions just ask

regards

thanks guys, I know where I stand abit better now!

ive been in contact with a company in perth. im going to there office when I get to perth in a few weeks.

roof tiling/slating isn't on any list for visas but can an employer still nominate you for sponsorship if your skills aren't on a list?

ideally I would like to live in perth as I have a pretty good setup there with my friends living there.

I have a level 3 nvq in roof tiling and slating and a level 3 diploma in roof tiling and slating.

ive heard the TRA are a pain in the arse !

if I have to south Australia is my last resort

what are your restrictions and requirements for a state sponsor in south oz?

thanks guys, I know where I stand abit better now!

ive been in contact with a company in perth. im going to there office when I get to perth in a few weeks.

roof tiling/slating isn't on any list for visas but can an employer still nominate you for sponsorship if your skills aren't on a list?

ideally I would like to live in perth as I have a pretty good setup there with my friends living there.

Roof Tiler 333311 is very definitely on the CSOL and is eligible for employer and state sponsored visas.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/skilled-occupations-lists/csol.aspx The CSOL. Search on the ANZSCO code

TRA can be difficult but if you have evidence of your NVQ3 and your post qualification work experience, you should be able to satisfy them.

If you can get sponsorship from SA for a 190 visa and can get the 60 points you need for a visa application, a 190 is a permanent visa which is far better than an employer sponsored visa that will tie you to the sponsoring employer for potentially, 2 years or even longer. If SA sponsors you for a 190, you have a moral obligation to live and work in the state for 2 years but it is not a condition of the visa.

Thanks guys, with the state sponsor do I have to notify them if I'm moving state? It's not something I'm planning to do because I could live in San. But if I was to struggle for work then I might have no choice to move state. Would they need to be notified and will they say that's fine straight away? Regards josh

Archived