Cathay Pacific? Hong Kong Airport?

LojaChica

Hi All

Does anyone have any opinions on Cathay Pacific and Hong Kong Airport please? Any snippets of info would be good......................positive or negative!:smile:11 Days to go..........................Sat in a house with "nothing" ALL shipped! Aaaaaaaaaargh!:sad: What an experience!:biglaugh: Has anyone emailed CP to ask for extra allowance on baggage? THANKS to ALL that reply.............It will be useful x

i came to brisbane by CP via hong kong and all i can say is that they are OK nothing realy stood out but then nothing realy was that bad. HK airport is brand new and quite nice but by the time you're there you will feel shattered and just want to get it all over with

We are using Cathay Pacific and fly from Manchester to Heathrow, Heathrow to Hong Kong and Hong Kong to Brisbane. We leave Manchester around 7:30pm on the 8th of May and land in Brisbane on the 10th of May around 10am. From what we have seen on the website the planes look great. A hell of a lot better than the China Eastern planes we used last time.

We asked about extra baggage allowance and as we are on a 457 we couldn't get any. Good job we are not taking a great deal with us.

Good luck with your trip and your newe life downunder.

The Tuckers

Hi All

Does anyone have any opinions on Cathay Pacific and Hong Kong Airport please? Any snippets of info would be good......................positive or negative!:smile:11 Days to go..........................Sat in a house with "nothing" ALL shipped! Aaaaaaaaaargh!:sad: What an experience!:biglaugh: Has anyone emailed CP to ask for extra allowance on baggage? THANKS to ALL that reply.............It will be useful x

Hi

I answered this a couple of days ago...so i have just found the post and copied it for you:

We flew with Cathay Pacific via Hong kong from Heathrow.

Flight to HK was 10 hrs then from HK to Perth 7 and a bit hours. left UK 7pm so the kids slept for quite sometime during the trip as it was their bedtime!!...

the plane from the UK was delayed by 1 hour so we had no time at all in HK duty free as the connection flight was going... having said that we would have only had an hour to wait anyway!!

we arrived perth midnight so that fitted into the kids sleep time as well and they were hardly affected by jet lag....

Plane to HK was a large new plane with lots of interactive games and films to watch. plane from Hk was an older one and not as hight tech... but still had good entertainment.

Food was very good - well as airline food goes.... with a good menu and choice... kids meals also good.

Staff were very helpful.... we had the 40kg per person package as we were going one way on migrant fare... but we still managed to be over with our weight... the price should have been £700 + for excess but the check in staff were in a good mood and only charged us £298...

Like i said the flight from the uk was delayed and we literally had to 'leg it' when we landed to catch our other flight.... we were last on board and hadn't even sat down before we were taxing off to the runway.. that said... all our luggage came with us... and landed with us in perth.... so they must have worked really hard to get it over to the other plane in time!!

i have flown with several other airlines to this side of the world... singapore, malaysian, BA, Emeraites... and i can honestly say Cathay Pacific are on a par with them all.

hope that helps

min x:wubclub:

we flew to HK with CP last year on our reckie and then onto Sydney. the airline are or were rated one of the best in the world and HK airport is new and very well designed. all went well for us and we would recommend them. On our actual emigration trip we came wth Singapore as they had the best deal on at new year. they were good too.

We flew from Scotland and the worst bit of the journey was Heathrow! we queued for 2 whole hours to check in (long time with a 4 &5 year old). when we go back to Scotland next time, I'm going to look into Emirates who we can fly from Dubai to Glasgow with, avoiding the nightmare that Heathrow is.

Archived