457 - Current processing times

tbk

I got refused after nomination cleared based on no clear experience.

Applied as jeweller and gold smith 10 years experience from family business which DIBP doesn't recognise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you provide some tax documents or pay slip for your pervious job?

Anyone else concerned they haven't updated the email auto response since last month?

As far as my lawyer has informed me , immigration is now checking on Certificate and qualifications acquired through RPL, acc to immigration RPL providers has been providing certificate to those who doesn't have enough experience , so all the applicants who has applied through RPL Will have to wait until there final check has been done .

Hi all~

My 417 WH visa will expire on Fed. The company finally decided to offer me a 457, but usually the nomination approval will take 3~4 months... and that means my 417 WH visa will expire before the nomination approval result.

It is possible to lodge the nomination application + Visa application at the same time? and i can get the bridge Visa to help me to stay and wait for the 457 result.

PS: The company already nominating 1 staff, but with different job title.

Thanks all.

Hi all~

My 417 WH visa will expire on Fed. The company finally decided to offer me a 457, but usually the nomination approval will take 3~4 months... and that means my 417 WH visa will expire before the nomination approval result.

It is possible to lodge the nomination application + Visa application at the same time? and i can get the bridge Visa to help me to stay and wait for the 457 result.

PS: The company already nominating 1 staff, but with different job title.

Thanks all.

my bad.

PS: The company already "sponsored" 1 staff under 457, but with different job title.

Hi there

First post on this thread, apologies if my questions have been answered elsewhere!

Does anyone know when the visa 'office' (for a better name) shuts?

Our paper work was submitted by the sponsor's agent on October 24th and we have absolutely zero news. We were initially told 6 to 8 weeks and the latest update we received from the agent was 'oh maybe January' which is a tat stressful considering me and my husband are both working our notices.

Also, we had to get married just before we submitted the paper work as we didn't qualify for de facto, do you know if the marriage date can be an issue?

We are applying from a low risk country.

Thanks so much!

Edited by HelloFrenchie

Hello guys..!! Any idea how they do verify reference in the current job. Does they make a call or just through email?? Are they definitely checking reference???? Reply will be appreciated.

many thanks

They do both, They will randomly check all visa applications and will focus more on HR applications, Certain Fields (Cook, Shop Manager etc etc) then spot check the rest.

Hi there

First post on this thread, apologies if my questions have been answered elsewhere!

Does anyone know when the visa 'office' (for a better name) shuts?

Our paper work was submitted by the sponsor's agent on October 24th and we have absolutely zero news. We were initially told 6 to 8 weeks and the latest update we received from the agent was 'oh maybe January' which is a tat stressful considering me and my husband are both working our notices.

Also, we had to get married just before we submitted the paper work as we didn't qualify for de facto, do you know if the marriage date can be an issue?

We are applying from a low risk country.

Thanks so much!

They are currently processing applications from the 21st October, this should be updated Monday and Maybe you will be in time for Xmas. They will shut from 23rd to the 3rd...

They are currently processing applications from the 21st October, this should be updated Monday and Maybe you will be in time for Xmas. They will shut from 23rd to the 3rd...

What about the application requested for RFI ? Mine was sent on 26 oct then no response, they just acknowledged the additional documents that's all I've heard

RFI is different, According to immigration if an RFI has passed the current timescales then the reason is because they are doing ongoing investigations into your application. It is NOT because they are just not doing anything. That is according to them. I however have not heard a peep after sending my RFI on the 30th of August ...

They do both, They will randomly check all visa applications and will focus more on HR applications, Certain Fields (Cook, Shop Manager etc etc) then spot check the rest.

oh thank you for ur reply.. do u think they can come to LONDON too to spot check for verification??

Edited by MaggieMay24
Fixed quote

Good news! Visa grant on Friday! MA sent grant letter today.

my timeline: nomination applied on end of June,approved 20 of October and apply Visa on same day. Medical check did in next day

Visa grant 18 of December.

no FIR, no background check, use RPL certificate, from HR. Onshore in Adelaide.

Best gift for Xmas!