Visa application 12/4/2016

Nomination approved 12/05/2016

Visa Granted: 30/05/2016

High Risk , no further docs requested.

Good luck to all. Hang in there....

Congratulations Makriel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey all,

we we are now at 17 weeks and still not had nomination approval. I'm low risk but wife is high risk. We are going crazy. Anyone waiting as long as this or longer? Should we be hedging our bets and assuming we might get a no. Company has sponsored before. Anything we can do?

many thanks

i lodged visa through MA n she said looking at current scenario it might take 4 to 8 months to get the visa grant for High risk country

this made me really worried, can anyone throw some light on this?

:ssign16:

i lodged visa through MA n she said looking at current scenario it might take 4 to 8 months to get the visa grant for High risk country

this made me really worried, can anyone throw some light on this?

:ssign16:

4-8 months?! I got told 12 weeks from my MA.

Has your company sponsored before? And what occupation?

I don't think these questions are really relevant but I'm just curious with your MA stating you will be waiting that long...

I've been under the impression 2 months for low risk 3 months for high risk but there does seem to be some major back log as some people posting on this thread are well

Over the threshold

I don't think these questions are really relevant but I'm just curious with your MA stating you will be waiting that long...

I've been under the impression 2 months for low risk 3 months for high risk but there does seem to be some major back log as some people posting on this thread are well

Over the threshold

Hey mate..I am on 457 visa which I got in 19 oct. 2015 and I applied it 27 August 2015 as a chef from high risk country. It's about 7 week they took to grant the visa.. I don't know the standard time right now to approve the visa but I think max timeframe is 2-3 month

Guest KE11MCD

Hey guys I have been following the thread for a while now and would like to tell my story.

I am currently working in Oz and my company are sponsoring me for the 457 Visa, they have never sponsored anyone before and I am wondering if this will effect the nomination approval time?

I am from the UK, currently onshore Oz and the nomination and visa application were both submitted on 31/5/16

Has anyone went through the process with an employer how has never sponsored anyone before and would share their experience? what timescales are we looking at?

Thanks

Hey guys I have been following the thread for a while now and would like to tell my story.

I am currently working in Oz and my company are sponsoring me for the 457 Visa, they have never sponsored anyone before and I am wondering if this will effect the nomination approval time?

I am from the UK, currently onshore Oz and the nomination and visa application were both submitted on 31/5/16

Has anyone went through the process with an employer how has never sponsored anyone before and would share their experience? what timescales are we looking at?

Thanks

Same here! Except I'm offshore still in UK Has your employers SBS been approved?

I can't really give you any advice as I'm doing this for the first time also but I've read every page of this thread and I don't think because they are a new sponsor it effects the nomination/visa approval time.

My employer has been asked for more information regarding the nomination today- to prove that she needs another staff member

It's only a small business we are applying for (I'm an assistant manager in hairdressing)

The company needs to become a Standard Business Sponsor and be approved before any nomination or visa application can be submitted. The company can do this online but it can take a while as they have to provide a lot of information. Once they have been approved nominations and visa applications can be submitted and the normally processing time applies.

this is the first time my employer sponsoring, i have no idea whether this is the cause of delay,

however, i asked my agent abt the processing time again n this is her reply "The immigration website mentions the 457 visa processing time as 3 months.

However, we have witnessed an increase in it, it is approximately taking 4 months on average. "

Over the threshold

this is the first time my employer sponsoring, i have no idea whether this is the cause of delay,

however, i asked my agent abt the processing time again n this is her reply "The immigration website mentions the 457 visa processing time as 3 months.

However, we have witnessed an increase in it, it is approximately taking 4 months on average. "

Guest KE11MCD
The company needs to become a Standard Business Sponsor and be approved before any nomination or visa application can be submitted. The company can do this online but it can take a while as they have to provide a lot of information. Once they have been approved nominations and visa applications can be submitted and the normally processing time applies.

I take it that must be dealt with already as my nomination and Visa Application have been lodge - its all getting done through a Visa Agent

I take it that must be dealt with already as my nomination and Visa Application have been lodge - its all getting done through a Visa Agent

It sounds like it KE11MCD, if it takes too long you can always get a bridging visa until the 457 comes through, a friend has just done this as her company has never sponsored before either.

does secondary applicant's qualifications matters in 457 visa, or do they assess the qualification documents of secondary applicant also?

They only assess the primary applicant, the other members if part of the same 457 visa (I'm presuming family?) do not have to have any qualifications.

Edited by MaggieMay24
Fixed quote

our MA lodged SBS on 17th May n nomination and visa lodged on 30th may, but now MA says that secondary applicant qualification documents are required no compulsory but recommended....so just wondering tht why after lodging visa app she is asking for docs.

our MA lodged SBS on 17th May n nomination and visa lodged on 30th may, but now MA says that secondary applicant qualification documents are required no compulsory but recommended....so just wondering tht why after lodging visa app she is asking for docs.

I came as "de facto" partner and didn't have to provide any qualifications, well apart from proving that we had been in a long term relationship.

Edited by docksboy40

I never got asked to provide any evidence of my husbands work, i can't even recall it being asked on the application!

I never got asked to provide any evidence of my husbands work, i can't even recall it being asked on the application!

She says its not compulsory but recommended.. so i have submitted mine also, my husband is a primary applicant whereas me n my 6yr old daughter secondary applicants..

She says its not compulsory but recommended.. so i have submitted mine also, my husband is a primary applicant whereas me n my 6yr old daughter secondary applicants..

How strange! Where are you applying from? And what occupation for your husband? And what state are you moving to?

Sorry about the questions, just we lodged applications at a similar time!